Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buy 1.8 Tdci Titanium Advice

STEADS

Hi all i,m buying a 09 plate 1.8 titanium on saturday does anyone know of any known faults quirks i should be aware of before purchase . i,ve give up on my 2.0 tdci blown turbo so again anyone wants to make me an offer on it good engine half leather interior good body work st alloys 2.5 rear end pm me if anyone interested on a 55 plate

Hi,

check answers to my question from 8.00pm last night might be helpfull.

what happened to your 2L, how old was it and what year.

I'm thinking of getting a 56 plate titanium focus with 55k miles on the clock but cant figure out if its a french engine or has a dpf?

still got the 2lt story goes bought for a grand on a 55 plate with smoky engine new turbo just fitted still smoking loads of mot and tax so thought worth taking a chance 191000 on clock full service history in good nick so gets it home and after lots of getting likes of injectors cleaned new cat dpf removed and ecu remapped to show dpf still smoking not as bad but enougth to get pulled so puts another engine in with 42000 on clock with turbo attached sounds nice running on idle bit of diesel smelling smoke from exhaust think it might need the injectors recoding to ecu so decide to insure it for the day to test run it five mins later going up motorway slip road bang goes the turbo not going that fast thankfully so stopped and got towed home i,ve got the turbo off had blown a big hole in it and vitually cracked it in two .so in mean time buys the 1,8 titanium made up with it i will get this 2lt on the road it wont beat me then if my son cant afford to insure it on the bay it goes .got plenty of go in it when it is running after ripping the old turbo out i know hy they say to replace all the pipes on the inlet side of turbo on the pipe is like what i can only describe as a sump virtually impossible to clean all the oil out of it and i suspect the turbo on the old engine was sucking the residue through hence the smoke .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club