Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Dear !!!!! Flooded Focus !!!!

Wickwick10_1

Guy at works 1 week Focus Titanium X in our work car park after the rain !!!

2573bf97.jpg

Maybe he needs to check his pollen filter housing for leaks. :P

Jesus, that's one heck of a flood.

I hope the company is liable.

The guy who's car it is said it will be ok as he can't see no bubbles ? He said water won't get in ? Lol I did remind him it's a Ford !

The guy who's car it is said it will be ok as he can't see no bubbles ? He said water won't get in ? Lol I did remind him it's a Ford !

I reckon it will start no problem because he is clear on the induction system,

but I wouldn’t get in and start it as it is lol

id toe it out from their and park it at 45 degrees facing upwards to drain the exhaust then start the engine while pumping the accelerator franticly to blow it out.

I reckon the door seals will have prevented the water getting in because the water around the car fell gradually and the car wasn’t driven in to the flood it was parked their and the flood gradually built up around it so I reckon it isn’t as bad as it looks.

and maybe us some of this stuff:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5633483843

although if it is a diesel the front intercooler system may need to be removed and flushed out to get rid of any small stones or contaminates carried in by the large volume of water,

and the DPF may be affected by the water ingress.

from my understanding if the workplace provides a designated parking area for employees or visitors etc. it is liable by law to ensure that drainage etc. is fitted to the parking area because planning permission to build the site and insurance on the site would not have been granted if such mechanisms were not in place

If the ecu is still in the wheel arch behind the bumper on the new focus then id say it's had it lol.

If the ecu is still in the wheel arch behind the bumper on the new focus then id say it's had it lol.

Ouch!

such a place to put the ECU in any car i mean what were ford thinking, placing it behind a wheel arch

If water has got into the interior and electrics It may be classed a cat A write off.

If water has got into the interior and electrics It may be classed a cat A write off.

Well after the 2nd downpour it reached the handle ! The guy said it will be fine ??? Can't see it myself

He's being extremely optimistic.

It's a cat A for sure.

The water will have got into the engine, electrics, exhaust and every porous gap available.

Even if it does run again it will have more electrical gremlins than is bearable and any resale value is zero.

If it does become cat A he wouldn't even be allowed to part it out for spares.

It would have to be crushed by law.

if towed out now and left to dry...he could be in luck...but i doubt it...only thing that would survive this would be military equipment such as landrovers etc.

if you can get hold of someone with a landy with full snorkal kit they could pull it to safety. mind you wont do handbrake and pads any good.

ahhh thats a damn shame :(

i was going to say that they could get in through the windows with their global opening/closing function! But probably not if the electrics have gone....

Dread to think how long they'll have to use the hairdryer to dry everything off...

I don't know what's worse... that picture, or the thought of a 1 week old Titanium X being crushed as a Cat A write-off.

His eyes will be as wet as his car :(

WickWick, was this just today???

I feel for him, and agree entirely with the write off scenario, I really hope the workplace will pay for his replacement car, if they dont, I will be horribly surprised. I feel sorry for the other owners parked there too, but a week old Focus being crushed, does not sound any fun at all!!!

Please do let us know how he gets on and what the outcome is, this is an interesting one to follow!!!

Yes just today ! All within 1 hour too !

if towed out now and left to dry...he could be in luck...but i doubt it...only thing that would survive this would be military equipment such as landrovers etc.

if you can get hold of someone with a landy with full snorkal kit they could pull it to safety. mind you wont do handbrake and pads any good.

It was at land rover mate lol in Solihull so plenty about !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club