Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Additional Power Point?

Graeme900

Hello all, i've been enjoying my 2010 tdci zetec s focus. Very nicw upgrade feom 2007 fiesta zetec s but i'm starting to find the position of the power point very annoying and not practicle. Because I have power start the power point is in the arm rest. charging phones, sat navs, mp3 etc is a little inconvenient.

How easy is it to instal an additional power point (say in the flip up cubby hole under the fan/heater controls?

Googled a fair amount and can't find anything about additional power sockets-surely i'm not the only person to find this annoying?

Ta in advance.

If you buy a spare socket from Ford or eBay you can just run a leg off the original socket.

Just make sure to run it off 15a wire and maybe fit an inline fuse to protect from overloading the socket feed.

Hello all, i've been enjoying my 2010 tdci zetec s focus. Very nicw upgrade feom 2007 fiesta zetec s but i'm starting to find the position of the power point very annoying and not practicle. Because I have power start the power point is in the arm rest. charging phones, sat navs, mp3 etc is a little inconvenient.

How easy is it to instal an additional power point (say in the flip up cubby hole under the fan/heater controls?

Googled a fair amount and can't find anything about additional power sockets-surely i'm not the only person to find this annoying?

Ta in advance.

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the forum,

in the focus their is a spare power supply in the boot and also behind the flip up garage door style panel in the centre dash,

so all you need is a 12v socket and a metre of 15amp cable with a female spade connector to fit in to the orange plug that is currently on the end of the fused positive live, it is behind the cubby hole,

if you wanted to go for a full factory fit then you could purchase the replacment pocket that fits behind the garage door and has a pre-drilled hole in it for you to insert the 12v socket it is FINIS1561573

if you contact your local ford dealer and give them the finis code they can supply the part which includes the 12v socket and fits inside the garage door compartment.

DashConsole.png

Both-thanks. Will order part and have a crack.

Got the part on order but unless im being a bit thick i'm having trouble getting behind the plate thats in the cubby hole...?! Tried this weekend as running the aux cable from the glovebox into here too but can't get it out. Is it supposed to come out or do I have to work above or from behind it?

Got the part on order but unless im being a bit thick i'm having trouble getting behind the plate thats in the cubby hole...?! Tried this weekend as running the aux cable from the glovebox into here too but can't get it out. Is it supposed to come out or do I have to work above or from behind it?

if you remove the side panels from either side of the centre console you may get a better look at the rear of it mate,

or remove the stereo and the switch panel to gain access to the top of it.