Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 1.6Tdci Hesitant Engine Start

Lenny

Hi all,

i fear the day has come, scared2.gif my precious focus is now old enough to star giving me some trouble lol but not a big problem just different than before,

when i turn the key it sort of stutters a bit before starting,cold.gif

just for a second or two but it used to start all of the time on the button no hesitant chuckle, ill try get a video up of it later,

its just been in with ford for its 3rd service at the end of may this year.

i have been purchasing premium fuel from Topaz all of the time since i bought the car, never from anywhere else so i dont think it dodgy fuel, because the cops always buy from their too and i always press the clutch before starting the diesel engine too so i have done all to take care of it as much as possible,

my second thought was a dirty fuel filter but its only when staring the car that it is a little hesitant.

i reckon if it was a fuel filter then their would be a reduction in power aswell which their isisnt.

but i have been driving around with the fuel light on alot these days due to the price of fuel and stuff,

i havent been filling the tank up as much,

but their is a half tank it it at the momment and its doing this.

could it be glow plugs or somthing ? confused06.gif

You may have dirty injectors.

You may have dirty injectors.

take some Magic Bullet to clear it out you reckon?

here is a video as promised notice the hesitation on the first engine start, but on the second engine start it isint instant neither but its a little more like it used to be.

th_Video0045.jpg

Any good injector cleaner will help.

Any good injector cleaner will help.

thanks mate ill purchase somthing on wednesday, realbighug.gif

It doesnt sound bad mate, I wouldnt worry (I know, rich comming from me)

It doesnt sound bad mate, I wouldnt worry (I know, rich comming from me)

thanks mate,

i suppose its not but ive been babying it since the day i bought it and i just want it to be the same as the first day i bought it all of the time, the day it starts giving me jip is the last day i modify it.

thanks mate,

i suppose its not but ive been babying it since the day i bought it and i just want it to be the same as the first day i bought it all of the time, the day it starts giving me jip is the last day i modify it.

I can understand that but it's a 3 year old car mate, there are plenty of cars around that are still running with all orignal parts after 15 years old im sure!

seems to be starting ok today with less hesitation so im going to put in some fule cleaner or engine cleaner stuff on wednesday this may sort it out completly,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club