Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Drain Pipe Leak - Mk 2.5 Focus

top banana

Reposted as posted in incorrect forum to begin with (not sure how to delete it)

Hi,

After finding a leak on my Focus drivers footwell, I have found the leak from the air con drain pipe.

It is where the 90 degree angled bend joins to the floor tunnel to the outside.

The 90 degree bend seems to be loose and leaking.

Any ideas on how to tighten this up? Do I have to get underneath the car to do this?

Thanks TB

leak.bmp

i bought marine sealant from eBay and removed the pieces then applied the sealant to all the joins and connections no problems since it should be tite though likely the double sided sticky seal failed

i bought marine sealant from ebay and removed the pieces then applied the sealant to all the joins and connections no problems since it should be tite though likely the double sided sticky seal failed

Cheers Artscot,

How does the 90' bend secure to the bodywork? Is there a clip underneath the car?

Thanks

Thanks again.

Well not sure if it is the air con drain pipe, but sealed round it today.

Yesterday I had the floor up - Dried the insulation, and hosed the car for well over an hour. No water ingress what so ever.

All dry now, will drive for a couple weeks without using the air con and will check.

Keep you all posted, and thanks everyone for your help - much appreciated.

If it is not the air con pipe, the leak could be anywhere. If it still leaks, it may be time to part ex it!!

it usually is the pipe either where it meets the floor or where it meets the box sealing it usualy does the trick i still dont understand who at ford thought sticky pads would seal holes and stay sealed the cars covered in them

Its mad........This and the other niggles I have had since buying it has made me thinl.....

Not sure weather to get rid of car and px for something different, but then what do u get as the drive is great

Depreciation been pretty bad for the focus, so may try a few dealers and for a laugh see what they offer me px

More than likely keep it but I am rapidly losing faith in the car for silly faults

i say it all the time but my next wont be ford im sad to say had a drive of my mates new i30 and its a lovely car handles almost as good as the foci and guess what the dealers are bending over backwards to fix niggles