Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Or 1.4 Fusion Engine (Petrol)

Kilbrannan

apologies for jumping straight in to posting but some answers might help me get some sleep tonight! :)

i have just bought a ford fusion 1.6 petrol (09) i have signed all the paperwork a week ago and when i have re-read the sales invoices the ford dealer has marked the car as a 1.4 petrol rather than a 1.6

i have checked on the DVLA website and this confirms that the registration matches a 1.6 zetec

i contacted the dealer and he reassures me that the log book which, is in post is, for a 1.6 engine

my questions are

is the DLA a reliable source for confirming engine capacity?

,is there anyway i can tell by looking at the engine what capacity it is?

i feel like such a muppet for not noticing the error in the paperwork, but he changed the paperwork from the original that he printed off before the car was delivered to his dealership.

i hope someone can advise me on this

regards

Kilbrannan

apologies for jumping straight in to posting but some answers might help me get some sleep tonight! :)

i have just bought a ford fusion 1.6 petrol (09) i have signed all the paperwork a week ago and when i have re-read the sales invoices the ford dealer has marked the car as a 1.4 petrol rather than a 1.6

i have checked on the DVLA website and this confirms that the registration matches a 1.6 zetec

i contacted the dealer and he reassures me that the log book which, is in post is, for a 1.6 engine

my questions are

is the DLA a reliable source for confirming engine capacity?

,is there anyway i can tell by looking at the engine what capacity it is?

i feel like such a muppet for not noticing the error in the paperwork, but he changed the paperwork from the original that he printed off before the car was delivered to his dealership.

i hope someone can advise me on this

regards

Kilbrannan

Hi

If you have the registration or the chassie number of the car,

You can log on to ford etis and obtain a full specification of the car.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=FB1C9BD269C34FC42DC341237CFAEF5F.eccvas512

Thanks Lenny

searched late last night looking for a way to ID the engine capacity other than entering reg number into DVLA search engine for vehicle ID

Fusions are stamped on the Left front of the engine where the clutch housing meets the engine.

fortunately the vehicle is a 1.6 engine and having contacted the dealer who sold the car to me it turns out that it was down to an administrative error on their vehicle stock numbers.

what is embarrasing is that i signed documentation without checking that the documantation was correct, (sales pressure)

i will never make that mistake again!

thanks for your help

Thanks Lenny

searched late last night looking for a way to ID the engine capacity other than entering reg number into DVLA search engine for vehicle ID

Fusions are stamped on the Left front of the engine where the clutch housing meets the engine.

fortunately the vehicle is a 1.6 engine and having contacted the dealer who sold the car to me it turns out that it was down to an administrative error on their vehicle stock numbers.

what is embarrasing is that i signed documentation without checking that the documantation was correct, (sales pressure)

i will never make that mistake again!

thanks for your help

No problem,

Easy mistake to make,

Could have worked in your favour though when it came to taxing and insuring the 1.6 if ford said it was a 1.4 on the log lol