Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's Had A Remap?

Leemaxd

Hello all, I am really considering a remap now on my diesel 1.8 , just would like to iron out the flat spot and make the car a bit more quicker if poss.

So has anyone got any horror stories about it or is it fine to do, because you here stories of engines giving up early and certain parts.

It's gonna take some work to perswade the misses and if it goes wrong I am dead :(

Cheers guys

Also I was going to buy one of the tuning boxes you can get off fleebay , but I think I have decided against that .

Hello all, I am really considering a remap now on my diesel 1.8 , just would like to iron out the flat spot and make the car a bit more quicker if poss.

So has anyone got any horror stories about it or is it fine to do, because you here stories of engines giving up early and certain parts.

It's gonna take some work to perswade the misses and if it goes wrong I am dead :(

Cheers guys

Also I was going to buy one of the tuning boxes you can get off fleebay , but I think I have decided against that .

Hi mate

True keep away from fuel rail tuning boxs

Go for a full ecu remap, perhaps from bluefin,

Ive had my 1.6TDCi remapped from 90bhp-120bhp feels like a petrol now and still getting 58mpg

Cool, how much did it cost Lenny, if you don't mind me asking.

Think it was 300 euro mate,

I cant remember correctly because i got the exhaust fitted and oil change in the same place, all on the one day at souhan.ie

They scanned my ecu via the OBD port to copy the file.

They then emailed my ecu file to a company in germany who reconfigure it and email it back to them for upload on to the car.

Its all good and no problems but if i was doing it again id go for a bluefin or some known brand.

Then when people ask 'what remap are you running'

You can say bluefin or dreamscience etc.

Instead of a whole big storey like mine lol

Stoney has a 1.8TDCi with bluefin remap and he seems very happy with it.

Joys of bluefin is you get the diagnostic tool to keep so it saves your existing ford standard map in exchange for the bluefin one so you can change between them at any time.

get it done Lee, you'll love the difference it will make

get your car pics up on here fella!

where about are you had mine done and i,m not impressed this was a guy who came out and put a file in through the obd port ima no different than standard seems like he had me over suppose thats what i get for going for a cheap one if your in cheshire i can recommend a guy who did my range rover should of used him again but impatient when short of cash oh well you live an you learn as for parts wearing and such had my rangy done 4 years ago been across europe 3 times in it to spain and back still running fine today just get it done by someone who is recomended and not rmw

Are the bluefin ones, the one you do yourself, if so is this ok or is it best to get a garage to do it?

Yes - you get a handset you plug into the OBD11 port, you upload it yourself (you don't need a garage to do it ) it takes 5 minites, handset also works as a code reader - this is what it looks like -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/38645-for-sale-bluefin-superchip-4-ford-mondeo-focus-fiesta-transit-turbo-tdci-tddi-bf05-ford-t/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club