Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Bumper Moulding Removal?

Yaticus

Hello all. Ive bought some reverse parking sensors and plan to install them when weather gets better. I have herd that under the plastic bumper moulding there are already holes for the factory standard sensors would be. I would use them as markers.

I would like to know the best way to remove the moulding. Pictures would be appreciated of removal.

Also i plan to colour code the mould myself at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Easy to do will take about half an hour two screws as you open the hatch, two push rivets under the bumper roughly inline with number plate cant miss them under each wheel arch loosen the liner off so you can get a socket in with a ten milly attached you will be able to feel the nut to unscrew not sure as its a while since i did mine if there is another torq screw in there might be worth giving the nut under the wheel arch a liberal dose of wd40. they do have a tendency to snap off not a great problem as you can improvise without the need to buy a new bracket .if they do snap all you do is knock the old one out and with nimble fingers you can insert a new bolt and use a nut to lock it place.

Very much looking forward to seeing how it goes, as I would like to put parking sensors in the bumper trim of my Mk2.

Thinking of buying a secondhand trim from a scrappy to pre-fit the sensors to, also in case I !Removed! it up!

Would appreciate pictures of your installation if you don't mind, thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club