Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lifting Jack Kit For An S Max?? Help!

Nickytwister

Hi all,

I'm quite new to the Ford Forum; recently bought an S Max with 18" Titanium alloys when my Sharan got stolen. Love the car but hate the lack of spare so I bought a 16" Ford steel wheel off of eBay with a high profile tyre as a spare.

However I don't own a lifting jack (all my tools got nicked too) and no-one in the S Max section could help me with which one to get which might fit.

Does anyone know what's best to buy? Mondeo? Galaxy? I want to keep it with the car so a trolley jack isn't ideal.

The seals appear to be the vertical pressed style with no flat lifting areas.

Anyone know?

Many thanks in advance guys.

Nick

You would have to find and earlier 2003-2004 galaxy or sharan that had the wind up cable for the spare as that jack will be sufficient enough to lift the car or find ya self a 2tonne bottle jack.

Cheers fella - the bottle jack looks great but I think it would destroy my seals.

I guess I need a jack with the groove along the top; I'll check out the Galaxy/ Sharan ones like you suggest.

Many thanks.

N

The pros for a scissor jack are that they have a cup style bit for the sill

Cons they tend to be weaker and harder to operate as your !Removed! a thread in to make it go up

Pros for bottle jack they are much stronger more stable and lift the vehicle a lot easier

Cons the lift point is smaller and could cause damage the sill if you end up with corroded hub and have to give the wheel a boot to get it off, but there are ways round these issues by making sure your hubs are cleaned copper slipped when tyres and changed and you could buy a rubber block to put between the jack head and sill to protect it or find another spot under the vehicle that's flatter for the bottle jack head.

wonder how many smax's will end up like the galaxy's,CRUSHED SILLS lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club