Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine System Fault - No Codes

luke121121

Hi all.

Iv recently just purchased a focus 1.8 tdci zetec 56 reg.

Unfortunatly it has a engine system fault, is in limp mode and has no warning lights (apart from the engine system fault.)

I got the AA out and they found no fault codes and were clueless to what was wrong.

I changed the fuel filter as it was very low on fuel when i bought it and was unsure how long it had been siiting not running, this did not work though. My friend says it probably just needs to be run a bit becasuse it may have been sitting around not running for a while, i cant see that putting it into limp mode though.

Just asking if you guys would have any idea what it could be. Im going to try and get to the turbo today, see if any pipes are cracked or if the turbine is ratterling.

Also, there is a rattle in the transmission when the clutch is engaged, from doing some online reasearch it sounds like the fly wheel needs replacing, would this cause an engine system fault and put it into limp mode?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club