Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wander

DELGRIFFITH

Hi all. I have a mk6 fiesta diesel that has developed a problem where the car wanders to the right. It is a power steering model and I can also feel slight resistance when turning the wheel to the left.

If anyone has experienced this and can suggest a cure i would be grateful.

i have had the tracking done on the car and since the front left hand coil spring snapped. i had both front springs replaced but that has not made any difference to the wandering steering.

i cant remember any obvious moment when when the steering went like this other than noticing that the steering wheel no longer sits level when going in a straight line and that the car wants to drift to the right with the wheel centred.

any suggestions please??

If you brake hard what does the car do, pull more to the right or keep straight?

hi mate thanks for the response.

ive just been out to check and the remains the same under hard or medium braking. it doesnt pull any more than when driving normally.

If the steering wheels not sitting straight its a simple process to straighten it and whoever did the tracking should also have straightened the steering wheel at the same time. Id suggest taking it to a proper ford dealer and say to them that the steering wheels not sitting straight and that the tracking was done not long ago. Also is your power steering fluid level ok?

i think both fronts are the same tyre but theyve been on since i had the car about a year ago. Power steeting fluid was a little way below the minimum level, but i filled it up this afternoon and have checked but no sign of any leaks.

Id still take it to get the steering wheel centered its a 5 min job n wont cost alot to do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club