Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very High Pitched Whistle

Alec J

Hi guys, me again!

You probably realize i hate noises and little things than irritate you..

I tried a cone filter induction yesterday which sounded awesome but like people have said, the engine bay gets far to warm and when checking after pulling back home the surrounding case and cone felt slightly warm. Removed and back to standard now.

What could be done to achieve that kind of roar noise when foot fully down? Don't want no loud exhaust thats constantly roaring, just want like a bit of a roar when flooring it.

Anyway since ive had this car ive noticed there seems to be a high pitched whistle noise thats constantly there while the engine is running. With music on low you cant hear it at all but without music or general driving you can just about hear it and its irritating.

Listening around the engine bay, couldnt hear a thing at all. You can mainly hear it inside the car. I did listen underneath the car about the middle and you could hear it as loud as it is inside the car which makes me think its something halfway towards the back of the car..

Any ideas as to what could be whistling? It does not sound like an exhaust hole its more like an electrical buzzing in some respect just high pitched.

Thanks guys

Alec

I wouldnt worry about it almost every petrol focus mk2/3 i have heard do it, i was always under the impression that it was something to do with the drivebelt, when was the last time you had a drivebelt replacement?

I wouldnt worry about it almost every petrol focus mk2/3 i have heard do it, i was always under the impression that it was something to do with the drivebelt, when was the last time you had a drivebelt replacement?

Erm, i will have a look threw the service history to see if its been changed.

Would the fuel pump need changing? I doubt it has been changed for the life of the car. 62K miles 55' reg.

I wasn't suggesting that there is anything wrong with it, just that you might be able to hear it running. You said you could hear the noise halfway back and this would be close to the location of the tank.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club