Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap Focus Tdci 1.6 2010

hillesleyhenry

So, looking at the idea of a remap anyone had one done on this model and can report decent gains, also can the components take the extra umph? and can anyone recommend a decent realiable company with a dyno around the south west/ Bristol region.

Thanks Henry

So, looking at the idea of a remap anyone had one done on this model and can report decent gains, also can the components take the extra umph? and can anyone recommend a decent realiable company with a dyno around the south west/ Bristol region.

Thanks Henry

Hi Henry,

I've gotten my 2010 focus 90bhp remapped to 115bhp also fitted Green Performance induction filter and piper 2.5" dpf back duplex exhaust which brings performance to up and around 120bhp

Fuel econemy is up to 62mpg can't recommend a tuner in the uk as I live in ireland,

Some say the clutch will need upgrade but I've not had trouble with it yet,

Thanks for the reply, ive been looking on the superchips website (was going to go for a bluefin but not compatible) mines a 110 but apparently they come out a bit higher - around 120. anyway they quote an increase on average of 21hp to 141bhp all for £320 is it worth it do you think...?

Hi Henry,

I've gotten my 2010 focus 90bhp remapped to 115bhp also fitted Green Performance induction filter and piper 2.5" dpf back duplex exhaust which brings performance to up and around 120bhp

Fuel econemy is up to 62mpg can't recommend a tuner in the uk as I live in ireland,

Some say the clutch will need upgrade but I've not had trouble with it yet,

Thanks for the reply, ive been looking on the superchips website (was

going to go for a bluefin but not compatible) mines a 110 but apparently

they come out a bit higher - around 120. anyway they quote an increase

on average of 21hp to 141bhp all for £320 is it worth it do you

think...?

You can have the DPF phisically removed and electronically deleted, along with a stainless steel exhaust and remap, all from the same people (not sure who does this in your area) the DPF is the most restrictive part of the exhaust,(especially when the carbon builds up) and can give trouble

Dynos can measure difeerently/ only the power getting to the wheels is measured, crank power is "guessed" Any performance claims from any tuners must be taken with a "pinch of salt" they are just that, claims, i certainly would nt choose one over another because 1 claims a couple more hp than another, anyway, but an established name with a good reputaion

Often tuning/ remapping can put more stress on things, (injectors, pumps, cranks, clutch, DMF, CV joints transmission) but there is a school of thought that you may not have to drive/ rev the car so hard, to get the power, so actually putting LESS stress on the car

Always worth fitting a solid blanking plate as well

The DPF would hold the superchips Blufin remap back a bit and you may get a bit more power with other modifications as well

Thanks for the reply, ive been looking on the superchips website (was

going to go for a bluefin but not compatible) mines a 110 but apparently

they come out a bit higher - around 120. anyway they quote an increase

on average of 21hp to 141bhp all for £320 is it worth it do you

think...?

Sounds good to me, worth every penny

You can have the DPF phisically removed and electronically deleted, along with a stainless steel exhaust and remap, all from the same people (not sure who does this in your area) the DPF is the most restrictive part of the exhaust,(especially when the carbon builds up) and can give trouble

Dynos can measure difeerently/ only the power getting to the wheels is measured, crank power is "guessed" Any performance claims from any tuners must be taken with a "pinch of salt" they are just that, claims, i certainly would nt choose one over another because 1 claims a couple more hp than another, anyway, but an established name with a good reputaion

Often tuning/ remapping can put more stress on things, (injectors, pumps, cranks, clutch, DMF, CV joints transmission) but there is a school of thought that you may not have to drive/ rev the car so hard, to get the power, so actually putting LESS stress on the car

Always worth fitting a solid blanking plate as well

The DPF would hold the superchips Blufin remap back a bit and you may get a bit more power with other modifications as well

All the above would surely add to the cost though would it not? £320 is really my upper limit....

Another thing, does a DPF removal not equal smoke out of the exhaust under heavy acceleration?

overall then would you recommend superchips? they seem pretty legit and people rate them...

Yes it would be expensive- but you would be getting a remap, stainless steel exhaust, DPF removal all at once

I rate Superchips/ Bluefin, and have one fitted myself, i have another post with more info on them - for you though they don't do electronic DPF delete on their bluefin set (they may do it but possibly by visiting them)

The reason the DPF spews out smoke (carbon particles) under heavy acceleration, is because it collects the carbon/ soot the rest of the time, eg crusing on the M-way, then, round town/ junctions near schools, residential areas etc, it dumps it out,and the energy/ resources taken to make the DPF, this, and the fact it reduces the economy of the vehicle, if, for aguments sake it reduces the economy by 2mpg, and this is multiplied by all the diesel cars fitted with DPFs, you have the extra energy taken to produce the extra fuel, then the extra tanker trucks and the additional pollution they cause, because of the DPFs fitted

Thats not even including the wasted fuel burnt because of DPFs going through their regen cycle (if applicable)

So overall the DPF has a greater impact on the enviroment than no DPF, without a DPF, the car produces the same amount of particulates (soot/ smoke) as before but it spreads it out "evenly" rather than "dumping" it all at once,(or "catching" the particulates untill you have to replace it with a new DPF at your (considerable) expense ) exept the car without a DPF is more economical, which (arguably) has less impact on the enviroment then at least on your wallet (with the cost of fuel etc)

You mention possible reliability issues - by ditching your DPF and EGR you eliminate future problems with these components (there are known to give trouble)

ok, thanks for the in

Yes it would be expensive- but you would be getting a remap, stainless steel exhaust, DPF removal all at once

I rate Superchips/ Bluefin, and have one fitted myself, i have another post with more info on them - for you though they don't do electronic DPF delete on their bluefin set (they may do it but possibly by visiting them)

The reason the DPF spews out smoke (carbon particles) under heavy acceleration, is because it collects the carbon/ soot the rest of the time, eg crusing on the M-way, then, round town/ junctions near schools, residential areas etc, it dumps it out,and the energy/ resources taken to make the DPF, this, and the fact it reduces the economy of the vehicle, if, for aguments sake it reduces the economy by 2mpg, and this is multiplied by all the diesel cars fitted with DPFs, you have the extra energy taken to produce the extra fuel, then the extra tanker trucks and the additional pollution they cause, because of the DPFs fitted

Thats not even including the wasted fuel burnt because of DPFs going through their regen cycle (if applicable)

So overall the DPF has a greater impact on the enviroment than no DPF, without a DPF, the car produces the same amount of particulates (soot/ smoke) as before but it spreads it out "evenly" rather than "dumping" it all at once,(or "catching" the particulates untill you have to replace it with a new DPF at your (considerable) expense ) exept the car without a DPF is more economical, which (arguably) has less impact on the enviroment then at least on your wallet (with the cost of fuel etc)

You mention possible reliability issues - by ditching your DPF and EGR you eliminate future problems with these components (there are known to give trouble)

Thanks a lot for the info :), how much more gains would you expect with a dpf removal, also is just a DPF removal and then a reflash/remap good enough? or would a stainless steel exhaust be neccessary. Also not sure what a EGR is??

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation, there is a lot of info about it and the advantages etc of fitting a blanking plat/ how to do it etc on the site

You can still just put the Blufin remap on, and it will give you a decent gain with no hassle etc

Apart from the reliability / economy benifits of DPF delete, the exhaust scavenging is improved, the DPF effectively forms a partial blockage/ restriction in the exhaust, by removing it it helps the turbo turbine spin up faster, and engine "breathing" is improved, the exhaust can be made a larger diameter, as well, and silencers replaced with "straight through" types

Because the turbine spins up quicker, the compressor spins quicker too,(has a "knock-on" effect) improving throttle response / reducing lag, so a DPF delete/ exhaust upgrade can have a greater effect than the "on paper" power/ torque increase because it can help the engine rev through the band quicker/ pick up better which can make it quicker under a light load (eg - in the lower gears) which can help make the 0-60 quicker (this won't show up on a dyno)

I don't have figures/ power increase for the difference DPF removal would make but it would be less than a remap if i had to guess i recon it might be worth 10Hp- 15Hp , a derestricted exhaust will work well with other mods remap/ bigger intercooler/ injectors turbo etc, etc

The more work done the more money required and the less the "bang for buck" / deminishing returns, eg - a remap gives a realatively large gain for realatively little money, as more and more (power) mods are done,more money has to be spent for less improvement

A good plan is to replace components with upgraded ones when they break/ wear out (eg - replace the exhaust for a better one when the old one rots off, ditch the DPF when it gives trouble, replace the DMF when, i mean if it breaks up etc) ,