Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Drain

Deanog

Hi all need help and ford cant seem to solve my issue the cars millage light stays on 90 percent if the time now and then carl will go into "SLEEP MODE"

But its killing battery over time I've had new battery altinator boot release catch (corroded) module update

Drain tests still none the wiser need to solve issue wife got bun in oven and need to rely in car alot

Welcome along,

I too have this irritation of the backlight staying on, but it doesnt drain the car.

Have you per chance got an aftermarket stereo in the car?

If yes, apparently Ford believe that this could be the issue (others have been advised this)

Otherwise, you need to pay ford a diagnostics / upgrade fee to update the ECU as apparently there was a fix released to resolve this, although my local dealer dont recognise it as a known fault.

No std issue ford said it seems ok as fuse was removed and issue was still there

Also updates have been done if i can get it to shut down its fine leave for weeks and battery lasts but if it remains on with in a weak-2weeks dead need to recharge what Ever is keeping awake is draining battery just cant find it lol

Just waiting for some comments to come back on a "leakage detector" another forum member bought, hopefully if they point out it was a worthwhile investment or not, might be that you find it useful?

I know a for mecanic but hes not come acros it before and seams lost as its intermitant staying on more tgan going of but thnx alot for helping out

Sounds like a fault though, if its not behaving the same all the time, it sounds like the ECU is doing something to tell it to shut off one day, but then something is interfering and preventing it shutting off other days...

Have you tried the dash trick to see if there are any error codes... I am suspicious of a general ECU fault...

Yes no faults show BUT i just removed radio fuse and keyless fuse 22 mins later its shut down lol so ill have a play and try n determine if its that ( previous post show these most failty)

might have to try that one myself...

Yeah it runs the keyless module so pull it and lock with the key good luck lol back to ford i go at least i did the first half of there job lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club