Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Mk2 Wiper Blade Question - What Size?

gforce

Guys, was in Asda last night and they had a basket of aero-style wipers for £3 each. Think mine could be due a replacement so I went digging for a set thinking I couldn't go far wrong at that price. I know they can be got for not much dearer online (amazon, eBay etc) but just thought I'd grab them there for handiness.

Was after 26" and 17" for the front, and something around 14" or 15" for the rear. But, no 17s in sight, and nothing smaller than 16 either.

I lifted a 26, an 18 and a 16.

Question is, should it be ok to fit the 26 and 18 (rather than 17) to the front and try the 16 on the rear?

Has anyone done anythin similar or is this one I'm gonna have to test out for myself? I fitted larger wipers on my Mondeo before and they just gave better/larger wipe coverage with no apparent setbacks.

Question is, should it be ok to fit the 26 and 18 (rather than 17) to the front and try the 16 on the rear?

Has anyone done anythin similar or is this one I'm gonna have to test out for myself? I fitted larger wipers on my Mondeo before and they just gave better/larger wipe coverage with no apparent setbacks.

Shame we don't have Asda in the south,

I've purchased bosh ones on e-bay and created a guide

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/38125-guide-wiper-blade-change-focus-mk2-mk25/

The rear wiper blade has a bit of the wiper arm joined on to it so may be a difficult find if not bosh or ford supplied,

Bigger front blade should be fine too aslong as they don't scuff anything,

Not sure on size but the bosh wiper blade numbers are in my guide if interested,

Yeah have seen your guide pal, thanks. Just thought I'd give these a bash at that price. Was gonna try them this evenin but my car's with the mechanic and won't be ready tonight.

I have an 'upgraded' smooth rear wiper, pretty disappointed with it if I'm honest, so will hope that I can fit an aero blade to it.

Will update sure once I get the car back and wipers fitted and let y'all know if there are any issues. Could be Sunday before I get round to it mind...trip to the Guiness brewery tomorrow morning could set the tone for the weekend!

I have an 'upgraded' smooth rear wiper, pretty disappointed with it if I'm honest, so will hope that I can fit an aero blade to it.

Will update sure once I get the car back and wipers fitted and let y'all know if there are any issues. Could be Sunday before I get round to it mind...trip to the Guiness brewery tomorrow morning could set the tone for the weekend!

No prob lol Guiness brewery setting the tone,

I've got a 2005-2010 brand new Genuine ford focus rear wiper arm if its any use to you,

Still in origonal packaging, I bought it back when I had grass in the front garden and couldn't close the gates with two cars in the driveway, the rear of the focus would be exposed, so I picked up a spare wiper arm and aerial encase a schooligan thought of removing the existing one,

Thankfully never happened and the car is now inside the gates,

Aye, not a bad work day out!

You got a pic by any chance? Or is it just the same as the one fitted to yours as I've seen that in pics before?

Mine had the kink in it (was there a difference between pre- and post-facelift?) and the clip was broke as well, so I thought it a good excuse to upgrade to this 'smooth' one. Looks just about OK from directly behind on the outside, but from the inside and in the rear view mirror it looks like a piece of crap. Possibly my most disappointing mod if I'm honest, thought I'd spend the £15 on a 'reputable' one rather than chancing an old 106 rear wiper or similar on the cheap, but it backfired, haha!

You got a pic by any chance?

Here are some pictures mate,

Don't think their was a difference in the wipers since 2005 to 2010

IMG_20130307_195627_zps059e4ea2.jpg

IMG_20130307_195439_zpsa11eb965.jpg

IMG_20130307_195459_zpsb03deae1.jpg

IMG_20130307_195655_zps5659bd28.jpg

IMG_20130307_195715_zps65eb305a.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club