Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Siri

Luke Fletcher

Is there a way to talk to Siri using the radio buttons without holding the home button of iphone5

Thanks

Use an app called Vlingo it's better, does Siri not have voice start?

Use an app called Vlingo it's better, does Siri not have voice start?

Its more how do you activate Siri. You have to press and hold the home button to start it listening, and there no way to do it currently, if you use the voice dial button on the stalk your talking to the cards voice recognition not the phones.

If you press the home button to activate Siri then the phone connects to the car, and you can use the cars Mic and Speakers to talk to Siri and get replies, just not activate it. Apple have it as a possible action in the OS, it's just triggering it is the issue,

So are they looking in to how to activate it via the car?

It doesn't bother me I have to press it because it takes like a sec to activate then use the car but would be better if the car could do it.

So are they looking in to how to activate it via the car?

It doesn't bother me I have to press it because it takes like a sec to activate then use the car but would be better if the car could do it.

You don't need anything, it's built in, :)

Everything I said stands, but it looks like you can get the cars system to route the input to the phone voice dial system rather than the cars by pressing the voice button and saying MOBILE NAME it then passes the input to the phone. I found it by mistake driving home last night, I meant to say Dial name to then tell it to call home, but said mobile name and Siri sprung into life...It's built in, and even in the manual but just not especially well documented by Ford, who just say its used for voice dial.

It's not perfect, it times out sometimes but it does work.

Hey,

I did that and it works initially but once I speak in to it, for example I went to send a text it would say ready to send it and then the ford system would say not possible lol. Is this because its not really designed for this Siri function?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club