Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine System Fault

Postie123

Hi guys just came home from work and found a parking place but as I put it in reverse I heard a klunck and then the revs sat just above the 1000 mark but the engine was running really lumpy. So I went forward a bit and reversed it back in the space saw the engine system fault on the screen then turned the engine off. Does anyone have any ideas what has happened? I have a mk2 57 plate 1.8 climate.

I have just fitted a rear interior light would this be any way cause this?

Oh and when my interior lights weren't work I gave it to a auto electrician who plugged his computer in and the only fault was the power steering which he wiped but I've never had an issue with the steering.

Well the clunk would be worrying did you nearly stall the car try going out to the car switch the ignition on and start the car switch off do this 6 times if the light clears it may e you didnt have enough revs the clunk really could be anything from steering pump to a snapoef aux belt to The clutch difficult to say without being there

Nah mate did stall it. Did the start the car 6 times but nothing it's also in limp mode. Also the accelerator is near the bottom of the car floor and not wear it normally is. I'm gonna book it in for a dianostic hopefully tomorrow. Hope this ain't gonna be expensive!

It also struggles to start where it never did before?

Just had my mate round with his diagnostic tool and it came up with P2210 throttle actuator control system forced limited rpm. This turn out be the plug having a crack on the case and coming loose but thinks it could be glued together. But the main reason that came loose was because the gear box mount had crack which pulled the throttle plug off slightly. So all in all not as bad as I was dreading.

Does anyone know roughly how much a mount will cost?

Cheers mate I'll have a look.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club