Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Consistent Droning Noise

favero

Hi:

Of late (last few weeks) my Ford Focus 1.6 2001 has developed a consistent droning sound. It doesn't seem to effect my drive but it is quite loud during acceleration. It's quite high in pitch and make the sound in any gear but 1st gear. Spent a lot so far in keeping the motor on the car so am hoping it's a simple fault.

Thanks for any advice offered,

Favero

Wheel bearing? Is it coming from a particular corner of the car and is more noticable when cornering to a certain side or at certain speeds?

Funny you mention the wheel bearing as I had some work on one last year. Could very well be this again. It seems to be at its very loudest at around 20-30 (in third gear), though it's hard to tell if it comes from one corner or another.

Fav.

if you jack the wheels and spin them by hand, a bad bearing would normally be noticable...

Does this droning/whine coincide with person of femal persuasion sitting in passenger seat. I used to get it alot.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club