Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Ride...

gforce

...only for a few days, thankfully!

Dropped my car off this morn to have an ST kit fitted over the next couple of days and got this little hairdresser's dream in return. They didn't have a pink one, but this was the next best thing. Can't wait to rock up to football training in it tnite! :unsure:

post-30295-0-44562400-1365432808_thumb.j

On the plus side, I can't wait to get the Focus back. Pics will follow once I do!

lmao sorry mate but i find that quite funny

least it'll all be worth it when you get the focus back

never know though, you might fall inlove with the mini n tell em to keep the focus instead ;)

never know though, you might fall inlove with the mini n tell em to keep the focus instead ;)

Haha, don't hold your breath on that one! At least it's covered in the bodyshop's logos so people will know it's not mine!

As you say though, should be well worth it when I get my own car back...cannot wait to see how it turns out!

• Like 1

me neither mate

you know i'm half way through the same build myself

but don't think i'll actually finish it

...only for a few days, thankfully!

Dropped my car off this morn to have an ST kit fitted over the next couple of days and got this little hairdresser's dream in return. They didn't have a pink one, but this was the next best thing. Can't wait to rock up to football training in it tnite! :unsure:

attachicon.gif http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6364]Photo0687.jpg

On the plus side, I can't wait to get the Focus back. Pics will follow once I do!

" and got this little hairdresser's dream"

rofl-3329_zpse85d8c1e.gif

The ST will be much more positive though mate lol atleast the mini has tinted windows,

Really looking forward to the results.

Had I known earlier; I could have posted you a Mick Wallace jersey for football training,

Would go nicely with the white mini.

• Like 1

So just got the inevitable call from the body shop...my car won't be ready til early next week. :( It was just the PA who I was speaking with as no one else was available, so I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is, but just hope it's lack of man-power on their behalf and not a case of the kit needing more work than expected, and that the costs aren't spiralling!

Pretty gutted to be honest, but not wholly surprised as I've found there's normally a hold-up with these type of things! The only plus side is that they've agreed to swap my current mini (mini one I think, petrol but not sure what size, maybe 1.4 or 1.6) for a diesel mini countryman. I've told them that I've about 700miles planned between now and Monday and will have gear to carry and people and luggage to transport, so my current wagon is just not suitable. They're more than happy to swap and won't be applying a charge, and have also said not to worry about the 100 mile a day 'limit' that they impose on their courtesy cars.

So, I'll be calling into the shop this avo, hopefully get a look at the car how it stands now and get a proper chat with someone about the amount of work involved and progress so far, will pick up my countryMAN, and will post a pic of my New New Ride this evening, and maybe a couple of progress pics of the Focus if I can get a look at it in the shop.

That's a proper pain in the glass mate,

Although as you have said; body shops do have tendancy to drag out jobs or take on other jobs and leave yours sitting,

I was held 6 days past my body kit fitting deadline too.

Its always the same when you have waited a long time for somthing to happen then they drag it out on you like it doesn't matter,

You may feel on a downer now about the whole thing (I remember I did when I was delayed)

But it will still put a huge smile on your face when you collect the finished item,

However it goes between now and collection keep us updated mate,

That's the hairdressers assistants car is it not? Yuk!

Haha, I dunno mate, but it wasn't my cup of tea for sure! Turns out the countryman was already allocated to another customer, so I din't get that either. Had to choose between keeping the mini or a 1.5DCi Megane Saloon. Given my needs over the wknd it was no contest. Having done about 550miles in it since Thursday evening, it hasn't actually been as bad as I thought it was gonna be!

I know what you're sayin too Lenny, not surprised at all the mix-ups, but as you say, just lookin forward to gettin it back at the start of next week. Glad to report too that the hold-up isn't anything to do with my kit, just down to the fact that they have 41 cars on site at the minute! I was worried they were gonna feed me some crap about my parts needing extra prep or fitting labour.

Supposed to be ready on Monday, but might not suit me for pick-up, so could be Tuesday.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club