Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice

Hyrule

Hi guys,

Newbie here so forgive any faux-pas.

The missus is after a newish car as I'm fed up of her ragging my mk1.

She has about £4-4.5k to spend and naturally I recommended a focus. Her driving will mostly be around town (south london), odd trips to heathrow/gatwick and Swindon.

She has narrowed it down to two she is interested in, was just hoping to get some recommendations. I'm personally leaning towards the 1st link but I was under the impression the mk2.5 came out in 2008 rather than 2007, based on the shape of the car.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-focus-16-zetec-5dr-new-shape-2007/1013710374

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303255939099/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/transmission/manual/body-type/hatchback/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/price-from/3000/price-to/4000/quantity-of-doors/5/model/focus/make/ford/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/cr78ar/keywords/zetec/radius/1501/page/3?logcode=p

Many Thanks

I think the 07 one has the 2.5 new shape body but by the looks of it the alloys are still pre 2008 but thats about as far as i go sorry nice looking car tho :)

the reference: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303255939099/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/transmission/manual/body-type/hatchback/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/price-from/3000/price-to/4000/quantity-of-doors/5/model/focus/make/ford/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/cr78ar/keywords/zetec/radius/1501/page/3?logcode=p I bought my CMAX from the same people, I would strongly advise that given my car was an ex cat D writeoff that you do a HPI check on this if you wanted this car. its an excellent mileage, the petrol 1.8 is very good combination of economy, power and reliability. but as I say, they do sell ex cat D's but they do give a three month warranty which I used.

The 2.5 is the early of the new ones, unless its had all bulletins resolved, you may find that you have a few teething issues appear, but the mileage is perfectly reasonable for a car of that age!

I would sway closer to the newer car, although slightly higher mileage, theres more on offer in the new shape and more to be configured than the other.

Cheers guys, she seems to now want to look around for more MK2.5's as she prefers that shape ;)

they do certainly have that element of style the 2's dont have...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club