Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Change My Lights

Blue4life64

Hello i'm thinking of fitting these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-8-SMD-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-LED-501-W5W-SIDELIGHT-BULB-Xenon-White-/320928716521?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab8d796e9&clk_rvr_id=468272839733&afsrc=1

into my interior light and also replacing the number plate bulbs

I've got a focus mk2.5 2008 and have read that the holders are hard to remove especially the no. plate ones

any links to doing the job ?

cheers

Hi mate, have you tried it ?

it is actually fairly easy, interior light just pops out and the reg lights just need un !Removed! .. straight forward job , however you may find that the reg bulbs are actually different to the interior, the interior are 501s the Reg ones on mine are these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280911502055?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

p.s dont forget footwell lights too ;) ...
They look smart once done..freshens up the look in the car !!

On the 2.5 you have the reg bulb holders have a small notch to one side of them that you need to unclip with a screwdriver.

platelightclip.jpg

I thought that it was a festoon bulb on the reverse plates and in the interior lights? I think the vanity lights are the only 501's but cant say 110%

yeah i thought that until i went to do mine..
i think some are different which i dont understand why !!??

depends, but I would say (learning from personal experience) proceed by removing the bulb you wish to replace, and then order with that bulb on your desk!

• Like 1

The Mk2 uses 38mm festoon bulbs in the plate lights and the Mk2.5 uses T10 (w5w / wedge) I believe.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club