Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Wipers Not Working

Gemini4321

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, I have a 13 plate fiesta titanium 125ps.(Copper Pulse) The auto wipers are not working it has been back to the dealership and they cant find anything wrong with it. Spoke to new cars sales man today and he said you have to reset it everytime you get in car???? really !!!!! The auto lights worked fine as yesterday I went through a couple of tunnels on M25 and they came on, my old car had auto lights and wipers and I never had to keep turning them off and on for them to work. I think it could be the switch as when we took it into the dealership to tell them about it I turned it off then on again and one evening after that the wipers worked with a small amount of rain on screen but after the dealership had checked it they had turned it off so I put it back on and last friday it was raining and the windscreen was covered with rain, I had to put the wipers on as I couldn't see. Has anyone else had this problem.

Sue

Have you enabled it on the radio under vehicle settings? where is the sensitivity dial turned too? mine has been left in the auto position ( one click up on stalk) and works fine had to turn it off the other day tho as dust was confusing the system

Auto wipers are a bit tricky i'm afraid. Make sure the white mark on the wheel is pointing upwards. Turn the stalk off when it's not raining and only ever turn auto wipers on during rain otherwise your screen with smear dust. Auto wipers sensor is located behind the black box on the mirror. I've never actually seen the sensor but you could always try having them reposition it?

On the new ones, it needs activating in the Sync menu on vehicle menu :P

Thanks all for the replies working fine now.

Have to admit I don't seem to have much luck with mine either. Never seems to work. Its on in the menu and the dial is set to auto lights and the level is set to high.

Mine work just fine on my ZS >.< they've dialled down the sensitivity though from the older model.

Have to admit I don't seem to have much luck with mine either. Never seems to work. Its on in the menu and the dial is set to auto lights and the level is set to high.

you have got the wiper stalk up one click too ain't you? the light dial just does the light

• 7 years later...

Hi. I am having the same problem. The autowipers on my Ford Fiesta ecoboost zetec are not detecting rain/water. I have followed the owners manual to try and turn on the autowipers, cleaned the outside of the windscreen and around the sensors black box on the inside of the windscreen but no joy. Can someone help?

I have the old Titanium 2011 1.6.

I have these,lights are A1 but auto-wipers are very hit and miss and also been in to ford when i had it first (6 years ago)

Turn them on and white dots on full on stick, rains then they work when a lot of rain just see then they will go mad for a few seconds then work to a stage when you can just see.

I did want to change them from the rain to the time one but told it's not a easy job.

Auto wipers can be switched off under vehicle settings just untick auto wipe then the auto wipe position becomes intermittent with the white dashes adjust the timing.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, cjay1 said:

Auto wipers can be switched off under vehicle settings just untick auto wipe then the auto wipe position becomes intermittent with the white dashes adjust the timing.

I wish i could as it's not on the 2011 Titanium as tried to find them and not 1 wiper setting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club