Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Retro Fit

Mr Singh

do ford sell a DAB module for the 6000CD radio (with AUX button)?

i contacted ford parts uk and they suggested a module that ford apparently sell but it looks like a universal DAB kit that you find on eBay.

the kit consists of the module, wiring harness and the DAB aerial. there is no separate screen, all the info is displayed on the radio screen

and anyone know if fords EPC is online? i know of a russian site for mercedes EPC, i was just thinking there might be one for ford aswell

there is an EPC, its called FordEcat...but its software you install.

im not too sure how an aux connection can carry information for screen info when its just for left/right sound.

they may have got confused as the 6000CD includes a lot of radio models. I have seen people who have upgraded their ford radio to the ford dab radio...Requires a new aerial, base plate, wire and connector and obviously the radio.

Also if you have a square unit in place you will need to buy the curve facia plate.

the module doesnt plug into the AUX plug, it plugs in to the back of the radio through a link lead/harness. and you lost me at 'they may have got confused as the 6000CD includes a lot of radio models'

i know to do it properly i need to get the proper DAB headunit and the associated parts, but if ford do a kit so i dont have to buy a new radio, i might aswell go down that route

and you lost me at 'they may have got confused as the 6000CD includes a lot of radio models'

I think what JohnH was saying was that there are lots of radio/CD players from different years and to fit different Ford models ALL called the 6000CD

A quick look on eBay found this assortment... http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC0&_nkw=ford+6000+cd&_sacat=0&_from=R40

DAB radio is still to take off, FM is still by far the best transmission
standard in this country and DAB doesn't sound any better than FM. Radio stations
can only make profit transmitting on FM that’s why the take up for DAB is so
little.

I find the best option if you want all the extra channels that DAB is supposed to have, but don't want to go to the lengths of fitting a DAB radio is to stream internet radio through a phone of an iPod linked to your phone via Mi-Fi.

Every radio channel in the UK and good sound quality.

I have just upgraded to dab on my 2007 mk2 Focus, that had a square factory fitted sony fm radio. I am mega impressed by the sound quality of later oval dab sony "island" type I have now fitted, and although fitting all the new parts for the dab aerial is a pain, (I used genuine ford parts) the improvement is amazing. I live in Worcester, and radio 2 fm reception locally is ok, but not brilliant, and I also like to listen to smooth radio, but the reception is poor in Worcester, and I get a lot of random hissing etc on fm. I now listen to both these stations, with the addition of my favourite station smooth 70's that's only on dab, with absolutely perfect reception all around Worcester. I could not be happier with the improvement in reception I have now got.

Phil.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club