Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning Temp

top banana

Hi,

I have a mk7 1.25 zetec 3dr 2011 model on a 61 plate, and was wondering how cold the air con should be when on full cold?

Its warm and sunny here down in london today, read 23c out Slight over read I think, but the air con does not feel that cold.

Put a thermometer in one of the vents and struggling to get it below 8c. Is this normal?

My old 2008 focus was like an ice cube on full cold!

I run the air con at least one every two weeks to keep it circulated

Cheers TB

I can't give specific temperatures, but it's certainly not as cold as my old 2001 Fiesta, that almost gave you frostbite. Likewise, the heater isn't as hot in the winter. I guess it's just how it is on this car?

Yeah it doesn't go too cold, but I find it on full cold it is good enough for a sunny hot day in Dorset :) I'll have to check what temp it states when on full cold as to be honest I can't remember haha :P

Cheers for the replies peeps!

Seeing that I have only had the car since end October 2012, I will contact dealership just to get their take on it (not due for service until September).

My old focus was around 4c, and my other half's Hyundai I10 is 5c. I remember my old 2007 Transit Connect work van, I managed to get ice on the windscreen from the air con in JUNE!!!!

To be honest, not impressed if that it the coldest it gets...

I remember the old aircon systems used to get much colder due to the less than environmental gasses they used to use. There were many cases of people suffering from frost bite as a result of continually using the aircon on full cold in the Summer. I thought these were supposed to run at or around 7 degrees but for the life of me cant remember where I heard that.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers btmalden

Well, took car back to dealership where I bought car from.

Had air con regassed at my cost (not covered on warranty) and.......... no difference

It settles at 7-8c

Looks like I will have to live with it.

Hi, modern A/C or Climate Control do not waste energy by overcooling the air. There is no point in having ice form on your screen because the compressor is running full pelt, sapping the engine of power increasing the emissions from the engine and harming your mpg. Also CC tends to blend the air until the correct cabin temperature is reached therefore it is always better to leave it permanently set to a temp and leave it on auto as constant changes can cause the system to become confused. I always leave mine on auto and set to 20c all summer and winter as then it also gets used all of the time as per Ford's recommendations and prevents the seals from hardening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Cuke, thanks for your reply.

Upon having the regas, the other week, I emailed Ford UK from their main www.ford.co.uk webpage asking as to what their tech dept state the temp should be.

Today, I had a telephone call from their Customer Support team saying that it should be no more than 5-6c.

I stated that it was not a complaint, just a question, and they asked me to have the car booked back in to my dealer to be looked at. Claimed Ford Tech will be calling them on the day too.

For reference, when temp was 23c outside recently 8c through vent on speed 1-3 9.5c on 4

after regas...

20c outside 8.5c

14c (today) 9c

Will update next week once they have had another look at the car....

Forgot about this thread :rolleyes: anyway I did check for ya and the temp goes to 16 but then when you wack it onto max cold on the temo the display only states MAX so I don't know what the temp is, it is fairly low though as the fans kick in on max and you can definitely feel the colder air coming out of the vents.

So I think taking it to a garage is probably your best bet, let us know how you get on?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club