Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Ordered

Mariner

Well, after much deliberation I have finally ordered my new car.

Fiesta Titanium 125 Ecoboost

Candy Blue

Full Modena leather pack

Reversing camera

Driver assistance pack

Large rear spoiler

Dealer advises delivery end of May / beginning June.

Ooh very nice :) you won't regret it

Nice :) hopefully I get mine on Thursday :D are you sure you dont want the full dress kit. If you change your mind too late, it can be expensive to acquire... at least in my experience :(

I actually didn't want it to look 'too' sporty. The large spoiler was selected as a nod to the fact it has the 125 engine but other than that I am happy with the Titanium look.

Getting a bit old for young mans cars! :-)

• 1 month later...

After a 7 week wait my new Titanium as above will be ready for collection this Friday (14/06/13) :)

Did you also go for the navigation extra? I was told when I ordered my titanium x that in order to have the rear view camera you must have the sony navigation system option which is £400 so I went for the parking sensors instead.

Did you also go for the navigation extra? I was told when I ordered my titanium x that in order to have the rear view camera you must have the sony navigation system option which is £400 so I went for the parking sensors instead.

Nope, just the camera. You can have the camera without navigation.

That's what I thought, I'm sure it said in order to have the rear view camera you need the Sony audio system which is standard on the titanium, hmmm. Might give them a call tomorrow, although not sure now. Parking sensors or rear view camera??

Parking sensors on a fiesta ..... :)

I have ordered both the driver assistance pack and rear view camera. The assistance pack has active city stop and rear parking sensors so I have both the camera and the sensors :)

I'm sure I read on here somewhere something about there also being a visual aid with the parking sensors, does anyone know anything about this? I'm also surprised the assistance pack doesn't include front sensors to, that would have been nice :)

I'm sure I read on here somewhere something about there also being a visual aid with the parking sensors, does anyone know anything about this? I'm also surprised the assistance pack doesn't include front sensors to, that would have been nice :)

I know if you have the camera it shows a visual aid at the bottom of the screen to show which sensor is nearest an object. Not sure what happens if you have the sensors only.

I also thought it odd that the driver assistance pack doesn't include front sensors (not that you need them on a Fiesta)

I selected the driver assistance pack as I thought the 'active city stop' would be a good option to have when reselling the car at a later date. As for the camera, I really fancied that as a bit of interesting technology, not really necessary but handy on the odd occasion where there could be a low post etc behind you when reversing into an unfamiliar space.

Mariner

Could you help me.

I've been trying to order a new Fiesta titanium with a rear view camera but my local dealer refuses to take an order because I want the camera. It seems that they think there is a big delay with cars ordered with a rear view camera.

could you please let me know which dealer you bought from?

Mariner

Could you help me.

I've been trying to order a new Fiesta titanium with a rear view camera but my local dealer refuses to take an order because I want the camera. It seems that they think there is a big delay with cars ordered with a rear view camera.

could you please let me know which dealer you bought from?

Lifestyle Ford Horsham.

Very helpful, no problem at all with my exact specification. 7 week delivery including all options listed on my first post.

Lifestyle Ford Horsham.

Very helpful, no problem at all with my exact specification. 7 week delivery including all options listed on my first post.

Thanks for the info Mariner. I'll give them a ring.

Have fun with your new Fiesta tomorrow.

I have her, she is a thing of beauty. Loving the full leather and the reversing camera!

I'm very jealous! Out of curiosity, when reversing is there any visual aid to go with the parking sensors? (Other than the camera!)

I'm very jealous! Out of curiosity, when reversing is there any visual aid to go with the parking sensors? (Other than the camera!)

There is with the camera for sure. Each individual sensor generates a series of transparent blocks on the picture. These change colour (white, green, amber then red) to show which sensor is nearing an object. I had a practice using it in a local Sainsuburys car park last night and must say I am very impressed with it. Very useful addition to the car.