Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Fuel Filter And Plugs

sucofdrof

Hi I called in at polar ford today for some plugs and a fuel filter for my 1.6 petrol focus they found the plugs for me on the system (FoMoCo AYFS22CB) straight away but he said there wasn't a serviceable fuel filter available for my car as it was a Valencia built focus but there was a black canister at the front of the fuel tank (sorry can't remember what he called it) that could be changed this he said it was £47 has any one else come across this? But if I put my reg on say eurocarparts website it brings up a few different fuel filters for my car.

Also do people recommend sticking with the Ford plus or would a Bosch/NGK type be any better.

Thanks

• Like 1

the ford plugs are a Bosch plug without the name the mk1 used ngk as ford plugs the mk2 2.5 use Bosch on the 1.6 ti vct the fuel filter is part of the actual fual sender unit and requires the whole unit be replaced its possible the standard 1.6 is the same

Thanks for the reply, I have fitted the FordI'm plugs today and the car felt instantly better I think the plugs that were in it were the original one's they had brown staining on the white part of the plug,

How can I tell if I have the ti-vct engine?

Thanks

the plugs get that staining on the ceramic thats just normal if you have a ti vct on the left above the timing belt cover there will be two round bits better with a pic post-8800-0-81156400-1369548175_thumb.jp

Thanks for the pic, Mine doesn't have the round bits so I guess my engine is just the standard 1.6 so I guess my fuel filter is built in to the sender unit, one less thing to do at service time :) thanks again for the info

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club