Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading From Ford 6000Cd To Sony Unit - Advice Needed

ZetecShearer1987

Hi

I have recently just purchased myself a 10 plate ford focus zetec. Its a great car, but i am not a big fan of the head unit which is the standard 6000 cd model with no connectivity, i have seen the up-rated sony head units that were fitted as standard on the titanium models, and was wondering if these are easy to fit on.

I was looking at the DAB version which on eBay is fetching around 200 quid (buy it now) so i was wondering what chnges would i need to make to get the dab to work properly, would a standard splitter work FM/DAB or complete re-wiring to the arial.

any advice would be greaty appreciated.

the unit is easy enough to change but the parts (aerial, base, wiring) will cost you approx £80-90!

google fordwiki and there is a guide on there - cant post the link on here

Remember the Sony radio has exactly the same connectivity options like your 6000CD. Both have only a line in (AUX).

For other connectivity options like USB and bluetooth audio and Phone you need the optional Ford Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

ok, i will probably skip the dab side of things and just go for the standard sony head unit, does this come with any bluetooth options or will this require any additional parts, if so how much roughly and where from

The Focus MK2.5 Sony radio has no bluetooth functionality. The bluetooth functionality is performed by the optional Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which consists of various parts.

these parts are:

1. Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (with or without USB and A2DP functionality depending on the version of the module). (Price over €400,-).

2. Wiring. If the system is factory fitted the wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom. Ford offers an (expensive) accessoire wiring loom for retrofitting the system. (Price €135,-).

3. Microphone. The microphone is fitted into the interior light frame. (price €60,-

4. Large model interior light frame (if not already fitted). (Price €40,-)

5. Radio control on the steering column with VOICE button. (Price €100,-)

Ford offers an accessoire kit to retrofit the system. This kit has only Bluetooth/Voicecontrol functionality (no USB and A2DP). (Price over €500,-).

The prices mentioned above are European (Dutch) prices from last year.

I have the head unit you require with code out of my 09 titanium if you want to make an offer on it pm me

Hi again, there was one more question, if I was too purchase a Sony head unit without a radio code how much would ford charge to supply a new code or can I get it cheaper elsewhere and for how much as I have seen some on eBay but they are missing the code

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club