Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notch In Steering

jimmygixer

I have noticed recently that when the steering is pointing straight and i start to turn left only there is a small resistance then a notchy thud through the wheel.

I can also feel it beneath my feet somewhere. After the one initial notch its smooth throughout the rest of the travel.

Any ideas what this could be? I saw a few people on-line going on about changing the steering rack bolt or something.

The steering rack needs replaced its a known fault theres no way round it as it will get worse sorry to say

The steering rack needs replaced its a known fault theres no way round it as it will get worse sorry to say

Do you know what actually happens to the rack, is it general wear on a particular part?

It seemed to happen all of a sudden with no gradual increase before i noticed it, and only in one direction?

Cheers

i cant remember exactly what happens but its in the bowels of the rack a few on here had it in the past and you tubes full of vids with it the only fix is the rack has to be removed and replaced its not fixable it does happen suddenly and it does happen only in one direction its a well known issue on the early focus im afraid

i cant remember exactly what happens but its in the bowels of the rack a few on here had it in the past and you tubes full of vids with it the only fix is the rack has to be removed and replaced its not fixable it does happen suddenly and it does happen only in one direction its a well known issue on the early focus im afraid

Ok, cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club