Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting 12V Cable To Radio Power Supply

ZetecShearer1987

Hi, i am looking for some advice on how to connect a 12v supply to the wiring on the quad lock connector on a ford focus mk 2.5, I am trying to attach a dab/fm splitter but it requires a 12v supply which is from the radio itself. So it needs to be connected into the existing 12v supply to the radio from the battery, do I need to cut an existing wire open and link it to that, if so which cable is the 12v as the instructions that came with the splitter states that it red cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dan

You can use a Scotch Lock to get power from the correct cable. This will minimize the damage in case you want to remove it later. (The link is for reference only. I am not sure if this is the exact size that you need)

I am unsure about the color of the cable that has 12v. I believe it is the red one too. At least according to this guide.

It looks like the cable is orange and black and it's in position 15 so not red

That's the one, a T-Tap or Scotchlock will do the job.

I would test it first to see if it is permanent live or switched live. Orange normally is the permanent live for the memory and red is switched live.

can confirm its switched live cause its the wire i tapped into for my reverse parking camera

There you go then Dan. You need permanent live for the amplifier/splitter.

Which colour one do I need to tap into or the number, I have currently hooked up to number 15 which is the thicker orange and black cable length, I assume that is the wrong one

You can use pin 15 as it is the permanent live (BAT) feed from the battery.

Pin 16 is the switched live from the ignition.

Sorted I have it working now the cable was right it was the scotch lock that wasn't quite clamped, so I tightened it even more tried again and and hey presto I now have dab, thank you all for you help and advice and a special thanks to gumpy321 for recommending the splitter rather than completely rewiring and thanks to Neil who sold me the dab unit

Another happy FOC customer. :d

Another happy FOC customer. :D

Thanks for advising the correct wiring aswell, i'm not very good at that stuff so it was a massive help

You are welcome anytime, everyone learns as they go.

Any knowledge we can give from our own experiences we gladly share.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club