Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recharging Air Con On Focus 07 Mark 2

Dimwit

Air con not working great and looks like we might have a hot summer. Air con Never been serviced.

Tempted to chance £20 on the kit Halfords supply to recharge the gas.

Anyone tried it? Sounds like inflating a tyre from what i've heard but maybe it's not that simple!

Question is ... Where do I attach the unit I get from Halfords? There's a capped pipe marked 'recharge' next to the offside headlamp when I lift bonnet ... Is that it?

I have used the recharge cans from Halfords many times without any issues. Make sure you get the kit with the pressure gauge built in and the gas with a leak fix additive and PAG oil already mixed in with it. You can reuse the gauge.

There should be two valves. High and Low pressure valves, both with caps on. The smaller of the two is the one you fill up with. Make sure you read the instructions first.

Do you know if the capped pipe marked recharge next to offside headlamp is the one I need ?

i thinking of doing this too. the garages seem to charge a fiar bit for this...

I decided to go to a local garage in the end after finding the cans from Halfords also need you to buy a pressure guage connector which pushes price up to around £44. Ok if you're gonna use the connector again in the future but doesn't seem cost effective for one use.

For £45 my local garage vacuumed the system, refilled with refridgerant and an added dye which will find any leak should I be back to stage one in a few weeks time because its all leaked out. the machine found i had 1/6th of refrigerant I should have had but garage guy said that would be normal if the car hadn't been topped up since manufacture in 2007.

Since the refill my car is ice ice cold. Fantastic. Like a new air con system.

The cap by the front headlamp is one of the recharge points. The other is towards the back of the engine compartment on the drivers side - not sure which is which.

Quick fit and Halfords service Centres charge about £50 and given you can wreck your system if you overcharge and given the savings are minuscule my advice would be to go to the professionals.

• Like 1

£44 for a DIY kit?! id have it to a garage too! ..thinkg i will be actually! how long did it take them to do the full thing?

PS.

you better have been touching wood when you said we were getting a hot summer!!! :P

it took about half an hour to 45mins for my garage to fully clean out and recharge the system

charged £30 on top of tyre changes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club