Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Sizes?

rossierose

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum - been fascinated with reading the topics & threads and I've learned more about my new car in one evening than I did in all the time I had my previous one so decided to join! hope i've posted in the correct section and can ask for your advice as you all seem so knowledgable!

just bought titanium ECOnetic 1.6TDCI and realised wheels are different sizes than my previous one - currently 175/65/R14 . Its not a major problem but I do have (expensive) winter tyres from my previous zetec which were 195/50/R15.Can I put the larger wheels on this titanium in winter (if I buy the rims of course)? The handbook and fiesta brochure states the 15" size is ' not available' for the 1.6 Econetic - does 'not available' actually mean I can't put them on? Also read in the forum that changing wheel sizes can affect speedo readings? Can anyone advise me and please excuse my ignorance if this is stupid question! thanks in advance.

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum - been fascinated with reading the topics & threads and I've learned more about my new car in one evening than I did in all the time I had my previous one so decided to join! hope i've posted in the correct section and can ask for your advice as you all seem so knowledgable!

just bought titanium ECOnetic 1.6TDCI and realised wheels are different sizes than my previous one - currently 175/65/R14 . Its not a major problem but I do have (expensive) winter tyres from my previous zetec which were 195/50/R15.Can I put the larger wheels on this titanium in winter (if I buy the rims of course)? The handbook and fiesta brochure states the 15" size is ' not available' for the 1.6 Econetic - does 'not available' actually mean I can't put them on? Also read in the forum that changing wheel sizes can affect speedo readings? Can anyone advise me and please excuse my ignorance if this is stupid question! thanks in advance.

Here in France we have to have the size of tyres which are written on the car: The sticker on the driver door. so if 15 is not written on that sticker then we cant put them on. Well at least you can but by law you cant

Fitting 15" wont be a problem but you need to make sure the tyres are the right size for the wheel otherwise it will throw your Speedo out

You can put the wheels on, but you'd need different tyres. The ones that are 195/50/r15 would be 5.49% out, which is quite a lot really.

You can put the wheels on, but you'd need different tyres. The ones that are 195/50/r15 would be 5.49% out, which is quite a lot really.

Which is strange as 195/50/15 is the standard tyre size on a Fiesta =s

thank you to all for your advice. perhaps it will just be more simple if I buy new winter tyres and sell my old ones which cost me nearly £500 last October!

Which is strange as 195/50/15 is the standard tyre size on a Fiesta =s

I know, I was expecting like a 1% difference max >.<

The Econetic is a funny fish though, quite a bit has been played with on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club