Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Dab Stereo Sound Issues

scotthunter

Can anyone help...

I have the Sony DAB Radio in my new Fiesta Metal. For some reason the sound is a bit strange compared to the stock Ford stereo in my old ZS. It sounds a bit like there's an EQ on in the background which makes the sound seem like I'm in a stadium. It doesn't sound pure. I've turned off the DSP and it makes no difference (although it sounds better with it on 'classical'.

I've tried a variety of sources - bluetooth, CD, USB, cable, DAB, FM... and they're all the same.

Bit disappointed really as I expected it to sound better considering it's a £500 option. I can hear that the system has potential as the bass is better and the overall quality is better. but the sound just isn't 'right'.

Even good old Chris Evans in the morning sounds like he's sat in the middle of Wembley Stadium!

Anyone else's stereo sound like this? It's annoying me as I'm a bit of an audiophile. I've started turning the radio off now and prefer to listen to the growl of my exhaust.

Scott

I agree, the Sony audio on my Ecoboost Titanium sounds very "processed".

I'm not really an audiophile, so It's hard for me to put a finger on quite what's wrong.

At first I imagined that it was just the inherent crudeness of low-sample-rate DAB, but when I try other sources they sound a bit rough too.

Don't all answer at once!

Well I think I've found the answer myself - turn the front/rear balance four stops towards the front, sounds much better. Sod the rear seat passengers!

I agree, the Sony audio on my Ecoboost Titanium sounds very "processed".

I'm not really an audiophile, so It's hard for me to put a finger on quite what's wrong.

At first I imagined that it was just the inherent crudeness of low-sample-rate DAB, but when I try other sources they sound a bit rough too.

I do find that the settings are a lot finer to get right, but once you have it... perfection :D I find the Sony bass is nice and rich whereas the base from the standard stereo makes the doors rattle!

I was going to suggest this, but not having my car yet, I had no idea where the options were or what they were called!

Don't all answer at once!

Well I think I've found the answer myself - turn the front/rear balance four stops towards the front, sounds much better. Sod the rear seat passengers!

I do find that the settings are a lot finer to get right, but once you have it... perfection :D I find the Sony bass is nice and rich whereas the base from the standard stereo makes the doors rattle!

Yes! Exactly. Drum and bass was out the question in my old ZS due to the vibration. Now it almost sounds like there's a sub in there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club