Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starter Motor On 2002 Fiesta

StanH

Looking at a picture of the starter motor,it looks to me as if the starter solenoid is attached as part of an assembly.

I suspect the solenoid contacts on my daughter's Fiesta are a bit iffy. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to clean the contacts, and if the solenoid part is a replaceable bit

The reason for the above post is because she had difficulty starting, which apparently cleared itself and the electrical experts she has taken it to want to change the starter motor and battery (the battery is old but still holds a charge quite well)

I believe they have assessed all the things that would account for her problem and are too grasping to identify which is causing the problem so are changing the lot

Just wondering if this is the right place for this as everyone appears to have much newer models.

Is there any way I can find out if the Haynes manual for this car covers this without going out and buying one on spec?

Hi there Steve. I would say try and clean the contacts and check the wiring with the starter on the car. Failing that a new Starter motor assembly can be had for as little as £25 so a new one could be in order.

For this car you could try scrap yards or even buy a new one cheapish, the scrap yard wouldn't be to much of a risk as starters are rarely used long enough to fail.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club