Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaky Washer Jets

frostman83

My 59 plate has leaky jets as in when I clean the screen it leaks all down the bonnet.

I know this is a common fault. How can I stop this ? Sealant ? It's very annoying.

the only sure way ive found is to remove the wsher jets and seperate the rubber seal from them apply marine black silicone to the washer where it meets teh washer jet and leave it to dry about 15 minutes then apply the same sealant to the underside of the washer and refit on the car pop the bonnet and under the washer jet apply a bead around it this way no leaks again

ive got the same problem... i fitted 2 non-return valves and added abit of super glue to the mk3 washer jet but still got the same problem. think i need 1 more non return valve just after the 1st washer jet to stop the left overs in the tubing runing back down... doesnt look like its leaking from around the seal

i fitted non return valves too and still have a leaks...i hate it when it does leak, especially after spending time washing, waxing,sealing the car!

okay leaky as in running down the bonnet in that case no even with non return valves it still does it

Yes mine leaks down the bonnet.

How can ford produce a car that does this ? Baffling.

it only leaks from one of the jets now lol

-------jet----------------jet is the standard set up, with my non return valves it now looks like this

-----(valve)-jet-----------(valve)-jet and i get no dribble from the last washer jet. so i think im getting the remaining water in the pipe

between 1st jet and 2nd valve running back on itself. so the next plan will be

-----(valve)-jet-(valve)--------(valve)-jet and i hope this will solve my problem... fingers crossed lol

on my new fiesta ZS i have one leaky =(

-------jet----------------jet is the standard set up, with my non return valves it now looks like this

-----(valve)-jet-----------(valve)-jet and i get no dribble from the last washer jet. so i think im getting the remaining water in the pipe

-----(valve)-jet-(valve)--------(valve)-jet and i hope this will solve my problem... fingers crossed lol

let us know how you get on!

Any news on this?

I've just fitted 2 one way valves and found the same as you, one of them is pretty much stopped but the other is still leaking a bit.

Any links to these valves guys ? Easy to fit ?

yep dead easy. make a cut in the tubing, fit the valve with tubing either end and job done. just make sure you use the arrow on the valve to tell you which way the water flow is going!

yep dead easy. make a cut in the tubing, fit the valve with tubing either end and job done. just make sure you use the arrow on the valve to tell you which way the water flow is going!

I want to try this. So under the bonnet I cut the whole nearest to the washer I can.

Wouldn't there still be some water left in the tubes though even with this ?

finding the non return valves abit pricey tbh... but if you follow my very basic layout written above it should solve the problem... if you fit the 2 valves as close to the jets as possible it will reduce the water leakage...

but as the washer jets are set out in a daisy chain style, you will still find water between the 2 jets which can run back on itself and out of the left hand jet (facing the car)

so a valve straight after the 1st jet SHOULD in theory solve the problem..

ive got a pal looking into buying a load of purpose made car washer valves in bulk (not the cheap fish tank ones). so when i hear back from him i will let you guys know, as im sure he will cut you all a deal...

So if I fit two of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0085S0W2A/ref=pd_aw_sim_auto_1?pi=SL500_SS115

That could possibly do the job?

nope... i think 3 should do the job as explained in the earlier post there will still be water between the 1st washer and the 2nd valve able to run back towards the engine and out the 1st washer...

ThAnks for the help. Just abit confused where to put the three of these. I will look back at the posts and try to work it out

i think you will need one just before the 1st washer, one straight after the 1st washer and then one just before the 2nd washer... not a provern theory as of yet lol

• Like 1

quick update;

3rd non return valve ordered, as soon as it turns up i will get it in place and let you guys know the results!! TBH even a slight improvement will be welcome as its such an annoying problem...

after a 10min drive it looks like spider man just shot his load over the bonnet lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club