Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Help ?

steven77

Hi All, I am new to get some help on my Ford Focus 2005. I have a paint issue I hope some can throw some light on.

My code on my car says it is a G3, which is Aquarius. Unfortunatly I baught a Genuine ford aerosol of Aquarius, not known there different colours of Aquarius. This is the Bahama Blue. So i did a test, and looked fine...so did the job, them when i was finshed the blue was totally different, it was so much darker.... any Ideas what this could be. I was told by a garage that this is the right colour and the car has sun fade...but i doubt it has, am in Scotland for petesake...

I have attached the pics of the differences in cooour for your view and comments..

I have other bits of body work that needdoing.. just same ammounts , but not doing them until i get the right shade...

Thanks for advance...

Steve!

post-44909-0-17603200-1372797707_thumb.j

post-44909-0-75395900-1372797711_thumb.j

could be anything from the wrong can bought (check the colour code on the plate in the driver door) or it could be the car has faded with sun over the time.

check etis.ford.com and put your reg plate in, see what the colour returns, then check the colour code on the VIN plate in the door and see what that says also.

the problem is sunfade caused by the fact the plastic reacts differently to metal on my tonic blue focus the front bumper looks a tad darker than the car simply because it doesnt get the sun whereas the rear is fine you need a paint mixing company where you can take the car and they will mix the paint to the shade on the car up here is a place called fife autopaints that do it there will be somewhere near you

you would expect the colour fade to be much less there though? didnt think the bottom of the bumper wouldnt get it too bad?

Its because they are plastic my colour tonic blue silver get it bad the fronts a tad darker where it doesnt get the sun the rears lighter as its always in the sun vw are bad for bumper fade as well some colours are less noticeable than others

Agreed with artscot, plastics and metal take differently to paint... My factory finish looks different, the bumpers are slightly lighter! Only in certain lights tho!

most painters would blend the paint in its more obvoius as its clearly a masked off block

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club