Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Pipe??

mikesrob

Hi, I was filling the windscreen wash bottle on my focus titanium 16 08 reg, when I noticed this pipe coming from the rocker cover and just hanging there not connected to anything, near to where the end of the pipe there is a small pipe type connection ,coming I think from the bottom of the air cleaner box, should the pipe be connected to this ??, the pipe from the rocker is pre shaped, but when I put the pipe near the bottom of the airbox, it does not seem to line up for connection, any thoughts on this out there?? Mike.

post-21885-0-56671800-1373367486_thumb.j

If its what I think your pointing out - It is connected to your air filter box. It is just there for when little bits of oil spits out I think! You can replace it with a oil breather so you don't have the pipe connected to your air filter (if you want to put an induction kit in) Sorry if I'm wrong :)

Yes it's the breather hose.

If you look at the bottom corner inside your air filter box you'll see a small filter pad.

so I need to connect the pipe to the air filter box pipe yes??

Yes, you may be missing a connector if they don't line up though.

This is how the pipe should look, the oil filter for the airbox is also highlighted for reference. (don't worry if the main air filter is a different shape to the one on your car, the pipe and oil filter are universal).

BreatherHoseFocus.jpg

agree with stoney the pipe has 2 platic prongs on the end that catch as its pushed into the airbox to get to it you may need to take the lid off the airbox to see where its going

Thanks for the replies Guys, pipe now reconnected to the air filter box :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club