Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Little Help Please?

dman212

Hi, I've got a mk6 fiesta 1.4 zetec, got the SE block, and I've just put a new centre pipe on and a back box the centre pipe is brand new, but the back box is off my old carbed fez, and after driving tonight I realised a lot of embers coming out of the exhaust, and when I got home and had a look, I notice the inside of the back box was glowing, just wondering if its anything to worry about? I'm not too sire what it could be, I thought maybe its all the old dirt from the carbed engine in the back box? Any help would be greatly appriciated

bin the rear box, whatever is causing it to glow its bad....chances are the box is blocked, causing it to overheat

Definitely carbon burning off.

Chances are that the box is history and the baffles are shot.

Cheers for your help guys, its sadly what I thought, just needed a second opinion!

I doubt it's blocked or carbon burning off. More likely that the baffles inside have rusted away & the 'embers' are from the material used as sound deadening escsping & burning up.

Either way it needs replacing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club