Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 1.6 Tdci Elecrical Fault

mojoegoonie

In short, put your blanking plate back on, and reprime your filter by hand again like you did before and you'll be fine =]

• 2 weeks later...

On 05/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, TomsFocus said:

As above, it had nothing to do with the EGR itself.  It was removing fuel pipes that caused your issue.

There's no tank pump on these so any time you disconnect a fuel pipe you need to prime the system with a hand pump.

Yes once primed the system with a hand pump it didn't work, then took the blanking plate out and reprimed, job done!

• 4 years later...
On 8/25/2013 at 2:35 PM, mojoegoonie said:

Hello guys and girls so i have a problem with my car and im hopeing one of you good people can help me get to the bottom of the problem ,ive had the car about a month now and the car seemed good till a couple of days ago.

I was driving at about 30mph and the car just cut out all the lights came on the dash and i lost all power, i pulled over and when i was trying to turn the car over nothing happened at all just all the lights were lit on the dash and the imobiliser light was flashing like crazy i couldnt get it started so i left the car and walked home.

When i got home i did a bit of reading and learned about the imobiliser codes so went back to the car and looked at the flashes and it was code 16 after giveing the key a wiggle the car started right up again.

Ive went out in the car yesterday and it cut out once but came stright back on ,then i took it out to day and it cut out for about 2 mins then came back on i got it home and now it wont start at all it doesnt even turn over which makes me think it has to be an electrical problem.

The imobiliser is still giving the same code 16 which is some thing to do with faulty wireing from PATS to ECU ? im thinking of buying a cheap code reader will it show up a code that might give more detail ? has anyone ever had this problem before?

Any help is gretly appreciated .

This is an earth gearbox problem - look under the air filter (mine melted all the way). Also remove the instrument cluster and clean the connector. You might want to try also cleaning all the connectors with a silicone based contact cleaner. Look also for any rips, schaffing, bad connectors in your looms... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club