Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Guide To Fitting Reverse Camera And Screen

BrownMotoring

Before I start a big thinks to TomRoscoe. It was his idea for this brilliant low cost mod and here’s his reverse camera installation: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46371-fiesta-reversing-camera-and-screen/

There is overlap between Tom’s approach and mine so all credit to Tom where that’s the case.

The theory is that a camera mounted in to the rear of the car takes its power from the reverse light bulb so when you engage reverse the camera powers up and sends a signal to the monitor to power up also. Brilliant and more fun the normal parking sensors.

Truth be told I hate the look of reverse sensors running the width of the bumper and can’t justify the cost of them just now. So I found TomRosco’s installation, asked a few questions and had a bash.

What I’ve ended up with though is a full reverse camera system for £25 and maybe 3hrs graft. With this in mind I thought I’d put something back and build on the information Tom provided that got me up and running, and I have documented my adventures in case anyone else wants a go at installing their own reverse camera.

===

Hopefully you will see a PDF document attached to this post with all the details of my installation including lots of photo's and step by step instructions.

Reverse Camera.pdf

===

Go steadily, take care and do your homework as your car may have different coloured cables etc to mine. All common sense stuff really but hopefully the info TomRoscoe and myself have provided should be enough.

Good luck and let's hear how other folks get on.

Regards,

Phil

SEE ATTACHED PDF FOR GUIDE

Reverse Camera.pdf

• Thanks 1

This is brilliant Well done both of you, am really tempted to try this myself, such a cheap mod if a faffy

Awesome guide, is the cubby hole where you put the screen the same size on both the 7.5 as it is on the 7?

A little experience, yes. It depends on the quality of those IR LED and how many there are, but they're okay and good for maybe 4-5ft. They work best in really dark conditions and while there's not a huge gain, it is a useful one all the same in the right conditions. Because of the LED's they can be a little less easy on the eye but fit it well and only those with a keen eye will spot it. Don't mount it behind glass though or it'll reflect the IR light straight back at night and all you'll see is pinky/white screen, bit like a permanent camera flash in a window. It's all useful thought if it helps you avoid those low objects. Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

• 4 years later...

Thought I might show my reverse camera install on my mk6.5 fiesta 

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

• 1 year later...

Brilliant guide thank you very much for sharing. I'm in the process of fitting a reversing IR camera, an was a little unsure how to get the power to the camera it's self, like finding which cables to use, this looks a great help. My camera will be connected to a 2din android head unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club