Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Sd Card

BlackMajic

Hi there,

does anyone know where tthe Sat Nav SD Card is located in a Focus MY2012 and what needs to be done to update the maps / navigation software?

Thanks for your help!

BM

It is in a slot just above the screen in the centre console.

Only way to update is buy a new SD card, from Ford they are approx £250 iirc.

• Like 1

Thanks might have to look at those, not paying ford £250 for the privilege of a few maps, far too expensive.

I assume you have got one but just didn't know where to put it then?

I would say that card is for the Denso touch screen units and would not work on the new Sony/Ford Satnavs. Double check if i was you , before buying.

Ford dealer across the country have this offer on :) the update disc/sd cards are on backorder tho

For satnav updates you need to call your local dealer and ask them about this :)

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/FordAccessories/AccessoriesPromotions/TomTom

https://app.box.com/s/ohnalrcwtvhw0jftmsiq

Tezza

• Like 1

Ford dealer across the country have this offer on :) the update disc/sd cards are on backorder tho

For satnav updates you need to call your local dealer and ask them about this :)

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/FordAccessories/AccessoriesPromotions/TomTom

https://app.box.com/s/ohnalrcwtvhw0jftmsiq

Tezza

Ooh even better, might have to go and pester my dealer.

Where did the £200+ figure come from then....?

Ooh even better, might have to go an pester my dealer.

Where did the £200+ figure come from then....?

The £200+ is the price listed from ford microcat but now you can get the update from ford at retail price from £99.00 as they have got tomtom to do updates for the ford satnav's
  • Like 1

Ah that's much better then, I don't mind paying £60 for updates - when I got the car it was I was told £200+.

Glad I didn't pay for the option as otherwise it feels like they are ripping you twice. £750 for the extra (at the time) plus another £200-250 each year for map updates. FO!

When the offer end's these are the finis numbers you will need to order for the lastest maps

Ford NX 1829510 @ £119.00 inc vat

Ford MFD 1829529 @ £119.00

Ford MCA 1829531 @ £119.00

Ford FX 1829521 @ £119.00

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked mine up from the dealer today, for £63 inc VAT, so thanks Terry :D

Has p/n 1829529 on the packaging, doesn't look like any of the eBay ones though, and no mention of V3. Has Bosch written on the SD and just says Ford MFD 2013.

Haven't had a chance to fit it yet.

• Like 1

Picked mine up from the dealer today, for £63 inc VAT, so thanks Terry :D

Has p/n 1829529 on the packaging, doesn't look like any of the ebay ones though, and no mention of V3. Has Bosch written on the SD and just says Ford MFD 2013.

Haven't had a chance to fit it yet.

Your welcome Alex

Did you have it via there promotion or just over the counter ??

Your welcome AlexDid you have it via there promotion or just over the counter ??

I printed off the PDF leaflet showed it to them and they matched it as an over the counter sale.

Got it fitted this evening, updated the ice software while it was at it and now has extras like speed signs, driving style, etc and a new play/pause button for USB.

• Like 1

That's great :) best spent £63.00 ever lol

Hurry up the rest of you as the offer ends on the 30TH

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've just bought a 2016 SD card from Fords (£78) for my 2013 Mondeo fitted with the MCA 7" unit. I've ejected the old SD card previously and reinserted and it does an upload (screen shows "Do not Interrupt" or something like that). I've ejected the old SD card now and inserted the new one but nothing at all is happening. Any ideas?

• 6 months later...

When you eject old card' insert new card then press and hold together nav and menu button and it will say delete old software. Confirm ' then new software will install automatically from new sd card. Can take up to half hour.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,im in the same boat as lantofullpelt , trying to update from v2 to the latest tom tom 2016 software , don't get the option to delete old software but does updated software on screen but when it reboots it hasn't made any changes to maps or software version still v2 , does anyone know if it is a firmware issue that is causing this problem 

• 4 months later...

How do you know what the latest version available is? 

f6 or f7  were latest if i remember

I just downloaded Western_Europe_960_7056 maps how would I burn to cd if you can its all dat files

you need to buy the maps sd cards for sat nav to work in car

look at eBay  eBay item number:272723261819 or eBay item number:282518271967

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

you need to buy the maps sd cards for sat nav to work in car

look at ebay  eBay item number:272723261819 or eBay item number:282518271967

Be careful with 272723261819 ... I bought one of these and I don't believe it is an authentic Ford SD Card ... I may be wrong but see attached pics comparing the card received with my old F4 SD Card and reach your own decision.

Binder1.pdf