Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus Stereo Bluetooth?

Mad85

Pretty sure this has been discussed before but cant find any topics relating for my particular car... I have a 2007 Focus Titanium. It came with the (i think) 6000CD Sony stereo (like this one: http://www.caraudio-service.ru/published/publicdata/GBCARSQL/attachments/SC/products_pictures/Ford_Sony_mp3_1cd_red_oval_7M5T-18C939-JD_CD3XX-CDI-ISLAND-KW2000_CDX-FS307JD_SOCD1X_EU_enl.JPG). It has the green and red phone buttons but I think I would need to buy a bluetooth module for it to work. I found loads of them on eBay but how do I make sure which module I would need (code) for my car?

thanks

Mark

If the car is ordered without Bluetooth/Voicecontrol you need several parts to retrofit the system.

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module.

* Radio remote with VOICE button.

* Microphone (including the big interior light surround if not already fitted).

* Wiring (an accessory wiring loom is available to retrofit the system.

* Mounting bracket for the module.

Based on the fact that you have a 2007 model I suspedt that your radio is also produced in 2007. Sony radio's which are produced before 08-2008 are based on the (Mono) old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. These radio's are only suitable for Bluetooth/Voicecontrol and do not support USB or A2DP. The part number of the latest available module for the old system is 7M5T-19G488-AX (the X stands for the revision of the module and can be any alphabetical character).

Used parts of the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol are relatively rare. Modules and some other parts can be found on eBay regularly but the wiring is very hard to find. The accessory wiring loom costs about €150,-. Another disadvantage is that the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules can not be updated and some newer phones do not work correctly.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I suspect if the wiring loom costs around €150, its not really worth looking for the rest since I am not looking to fork out that much cash of something like that! ... would make more sense getting a better stereo for that money!

i agree with artscot. will be cheaper to get the highest model of parrott system and fit.

I have one myself, it can:

- connect 2 phones via BT at once, so if one gets a call it will come through.

- stream music

- sync contacts

- play music via aux, apple lightning connector (found on iPhone 4S and below), USB (ipod connection and USB connection can charge the device aswell)

- use voice command from the parrot system or phones voice command like siri.

well actually I already have a basic parrot bluetooth kit but I dont really like having extra things on the dash and thought maybe I can do without it but I am definitely not looking forward in spending too much money... this car is sucking in too much cash from under the hood already

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club