Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Tdci Mk6 Gearbox Trouble

jwhaslam

Hi All,

New to the forum so not sure if i'm in the right place,

I have a horrible problem with the gearbox (I think?)

When driving along all is well, gears select fine and it drives well no problem,

When I let off the throttle i.e. engine braking I get a rattling clicking noise as the cogs turn which sounds like the differential...If i put the car in neutral or dip the clutch the noise goes away.

I have inspected the car and the box is leaking out of what looks like the n/s driveshaft seal, but I would have thought if the driveshaft was no good it would be making the noise constantly?

I jacked the car up and the differential still functions as it should i.e. turn wheel one way and the other turns the other way.

Any ideas what the cause might be before I splash out on a new gearbox?

Many thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, new gearbox sorted the problem, days job but saved myself alot of £££

• 7 years later...
On 10/24/2013 at 12:56 PM, jwhaslam said:

Just to let everyone know, new gearbox sorted the problem, days job but saved myself alot of £££

On the odd chance your account is still active, could you give any tips on changing the gearbox? Did you have a manual or a video to go off? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club