Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf 2007 1.6Tdi

jaycharger

Hello there I have an 07 1.6tdi I'm sure I have a DPF, as of yet I have not had any problems. I don't do very high miles about 800 per month most, when would any problems with the DPF likely to occur. My drive to work is 11 miles each way where I get up to 60mph on the A50 plus the miles miles that I do at weekends is usaully country lanes doing a round trip of about 100 miles. I have had my car just under 2 years & it gives me nearly 55mpg & so far trouble free motorring, is this a ticking time bomb??

Hi There,

to be honest, the biggest problem your likely to have is the fact that your car is doing so few miles. The DPF really needs a good motorway run on a more regular basis to ensure that the DPF gets to temperature to help clear the soot. I would say that you should where possible take it on the motorway more regularly, keep the revs moderate to high and keep it there for 15 minutes. Some like me, swear you should drive it like you stole it, keep the revs at the top end of the rev range, and do so for 15 minutes, others say a steady 70 at a moderate range should suffice. I would say though you should definately do either of these sooner rather than later, and repeat a few times or do a longer motorway run in order to ensure that you get the best chance of giving it a clearout.

The 2007 would be either the latter of the MK2's or the early MK2.5's - do you know which you have? if you dont, want colour is the dashboard (instrument cluster) Orange or Green?

if you go to www.etis.ford.com and go to vehicle lookup, and enter your reg number, what engine does it tell you you have? is it Euro 4 / Euro 5? as this will make a difference as to how many troubles you may face in the future.

Thanks for that I used the look up

The info is below

09.11.2007 Vehicle Line: Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07 Body Style: 4 Door Estate Version: Series 32 Engine: 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (90PS) - DV6 Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75 Drive: RHD FWD Emission: Stage IV Emissions Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Sea Grey (Metallic) Interior Fabric: Humy / Mondus / Dark Flint

Stage 4 so it definatey has the ABS< given the registration date, its entirely possible that the DPF is a cDPF which is ceramic and does not require the EOLYS fluid, in which case it doesnt need much maintenance other than a good run on the motorway.

If its a green instrument cluster though, you may have issues with it, as it may be a maintained DPF using EOLYS fluiid and requiring replacement every 6 years / 75000 miles

So you have a MK 2.5 Focus, in which case you may still have a normal DPF or you may have a cDPF.

If you look under the fuel tank area, do you see anywhere, any extra pipes or lines going into the fuel tank with a bottle just off the side of it? if you do its a DPF, if you see nothing but just a fuel tank and standard fuel lines, you have the cDPF

I would imagine that it's the older type dpf as I have an 08 mk2.5 focus and mine has the older type dpf that needs the fluid.

Unfortunately I agree, I am being optimistic though lol

• 3 weeks later...

That would be a nice option..

As I said at the start I am on the A50 everyday so the car gets blasted up & down there twice a day doing 60mph. I have had the car for well over 2 years & had great motoring so far.

I would hope that Jon is right, the 90bhp shouldnt have it, but I dont know how accurate etis will be on this. I was under the impression that there was no 90bhp diesel model?

I would hope that Jon is right, the 90bhp shouldnt have it, but I dont know how accurate etis will be on this. I was under the impression that there was no 90bhp diesel model?

Yep mine is 90bhp

learn something new every day! I thought it was a mythical being :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club