Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8Tdci Smokey

focuscolin

Morning all can I pick your brains My car has developed a fault, when I drive and the turbo starts I get a whooshing sound from the engine also lots of black smoke out the exhaust now when I drive slowly it's fine there's no smoke also I've had the engine malfunction light with the triangle come on three times now the car does not go in to limp home mode or lose any power I've looked under the bonnet and can not find any lose hoses or anything really,the car ticks over fine , I put the car in to self diagnostic mode and no codes came up any ideas thank you Colin....

Sounds tpo me like either the intercooler hose or pipe is cracked.

Check my guide in my signature for replacing the intercooler pipe. This will give you an idea of what damage you can look for on the pipe.

Thank you mate it was the pipe on the inter cooler seems to be another common fault on these cars.

Ai, its a common problem on mine (CMAX 03 - 06)

Did you get it fixed and how much?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club