Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found The Problem With Blower How To Fix?

lisajo

Removed the blower motor today, very easy except the connecter that joins the motor to the car was melted together at the bottom. Managed to get it apart and tested the motor which works fine.

I need to replace the connecter, as I think its this at fault. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can buy a replacement connecter from?

Best bet would be a scrappy, you'd probs be looking at a harness otherwise which won't be cheap

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

Can I go to the scrappy chop this connecter off another car and then do the same to the one on mine and swap them over? Its only just a little melted at the bottom near one of the pins, and its on the 'car' side of the connecter rather than the motor side of the connecter (if that makes sense)

Yeah that's what I'd do, go to the scrappy, chop off the connector you need and just rewire it to your wiring, just make sure you know where each wire goes before you start

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

Ok ta, hope the scrappy hasnt cleared the yard yet (he told me he planned it for early dec) or I'm going to have to find another solution.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

Temporarily fixed it, cleaned the terminals on the connecter and after reconnecting the battery the blowers work!

• Like 1

Glad it's fixed... Just one thing to think about; why had it melted in the first place? Always good to know so you can ensure it doesn't happen again!

Ive only had the car about 2 weeks, but I think im going to take it to a auto electrian and get them to change the connecter. And see if they can figure out why it melted.

• Like 1

Ive only had the car about 2 weeks, but I think im going to take it to a auto electrian and get them to change the connecter. And see if they can figure out why it melted.

Might be a good idea, although could be expensive...

The only reason I mentioned it was because I also have a classic mini, which are notorious for, let's say "quirky" electrical systems... Something will blow, melt, pop, or just stop working... and then you'll buy a replacement and it will blow, melt, or pop again haha.

It could be something as simple as corrosion on the connectors causing higher resistance which made the connector get too hot.

Well the fix lasted a whole 10 mins lol. I guess tomorrow I will be down scrappy and Halfords for some joiners.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club