Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing The Door Mirror Indicator Cover 62 Plate Focus

Silverstreaks

Some weeks back I started a tread on this subject but cannot for the love of me now find it in any of the groups on this site

Anyway, I had asked if it was possible to purchase a replacement indicator cover for the Drivers door mirror of 62 Plate Focus Titanium. and the replies I received confirmed that they were available as a spare even someone suggesting it was a case of levering out the cracked one and replacing with the new.

Now I have a new one in my possession however the procedure does not now look so simple as the part includes the housing for the indicator bulb and the housing for this actually protrudes up into the Door Mirror cover. Meaning I will first need to get the painted door mirror cover off in order to replace the indicator cover below

Naturally I would intend to do so without cracking/scraping or breaking the painted cover.

Has anyone done this before and could provide advice as how you lever the cover off

Regards

Bob

If you put the mirror into it's lowest tilt position you should see the retaining clips at the top.

Unhook them with a screwdriver or trim tool and the cover will come off.

Hi Bob, I think your thread was lost when we had a bit of a data loss incident recently.

Clive and James my thanks for the quick response all very helpful. I'm going to wait while I build up the old confidence to get stuck in and do it

As for the missing link I was scratching my head on that one even, resorted to Google which came up with the thread and part of my request but the link went to different topic

Anyway thanks Guys

Regards

Bob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club