Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wipers Not Working

Ste_Vo_

Hey guys,

Woke up this morning, windscreen was a little dirty so turned on the washers, water sprayed out but he wipers didn't move!

I don't know much about cars, so was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction.

The rear works fine, and when I pull the level to make the front ones move I hear a clicking round. Iv lifted the wipers to check nothing's stuck.

Iv had a read of some of the other issues people have had with there's, but I have no idea how to check the stalk, or what it is for that matter.

I have a 09 plate focus zetec S, I think it's mk2.

Thanks all

First port of call is to check all the fuses. Have a look in your manual to check which one is for the front wipers. There are two fuse boxes on the Focus. One under the bonnet and one in the passenger foot well if you look up. :)

Unfortunately some !Removed! broke into my car a month ago and stole it, and with it being £60 for a new one I didn't replace it lol.

Il have a look online for a manual and see what I can do. Il get back to u!

So iv got to the fuse box (picture attached) but can't find a guide online for this fuse box! There all showing different types.

Any advice on which it is? Sorry to be a pain!post-48845-0-33674900-1386584318_thumb.j

I pulled all fuses out and checked and they seem fine. Anything else to look for?

So iv got to the fuse box (picture attached) but can't find a guide online for this fuse box! There all showing different types.

Any advice on which it is? Sorry to be a pain! image.jpg

Look at the bottom of this post on a PC and you'll see links to fuses and different Focus boards under my signature picture.

Hi Stoney.

Iv replace it and still having the issue =\

Get the wiring to the motor checked, could be an earthing problem (usual cause of electrical woes).

At a push it could be the motor itself.

Also if you need a handbook look on Scribd.

Free to view and usually a couple of Dollars for a day pass to download.

Ok cool, il nip it down to ford before it starts raining. Thought it might be something simple!

Any idea how much a new motor is? Worst time of year to be shelling out in the £££'s

Thankyou for all your help. Much appreciated!

Best off with an independent garage.

Gord will do a diagnostic for about £80 and then scratch their heads and suck their teeth.

Better off with a reconditioned one off eBay tbh.

It could be a problem with the stalk too. I had a similar problem with a Fiesta (washers worked, wipers didn't) I once had. I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem but just to say that I ended up replacing the stalk and they worked fine after that. Just throwing another possible problem to make your life easier :P

Right guys, got the verdict from ford.

They've told me it's the gen modulator or something? They say I'm looking at £550! Any advice for me?

Do any wiper positions on the stalk work at all (front or rear?)

I would start by swapping the stalk. Had this on m,y Cee'd (not too disimilar from the Focus formation). Only difference was that wipers worked fine when I sprayed the windscreen then failed when I set the mode. It was a duff stalk and is a damned site cheaper to replace.

Go to a scrappy, pick one or two up and replace it. Dont take Ford's word for it straight away!

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Hi I have this problem aswell wipers stop working the other day I checked fuse 129 and it's fine. So went away got second had motor and linkage and still didn't work. I also tried different stalk and still the same the rear wiper works fine and front washer work too but not the wipers. Also I'm not getting any power from plug that goes into the wiper motor 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club