Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Release?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking at doing a mod to my car, and hopefully one that will make others lives a darned site easier!

Can you kind folks do me a favour? would you be willing to take a photo of your open bonnet, I am looking for the photo of the latch on the bonnet, and also the catch assembly itself and where it is situated?

If any of you are able to assist, that would be greatly appreciated!

Please matey, just looking for the photo of where the mechanism is for the catch and the lever.

Beat you to it Mike ;).

Hope the pics are usefull James, if you need an other angle or something just say. (Or maybe Mike took pics from a different angle or something)

post-44148-0-09992300-1387190749_thumb.j

post-44148-0-99035900-1387190763_thumb.j

post-44148-0-53461700-1387190775_thumb.j

post-44148-0-90563800-1387190787_thumb.j

post-44148-0-50492000-1387190799_thumb.j

post-44148-0-40910700-1387190812_thumb.j

post-44148-0-77689000-1387190831_thumb.j

post-44148-0-23620300-1387190842_thumb.j

post-44148-0-47994000-1387190856_thumb.j

post-44148-0-05734800-1387190869_thumb.j

post-44148-0-75188600-1387190879_thumb.j

Cheers matey :)

I think I just found my first problem though. I now need to find a way to release the second half of the latch if I was to self build this thing!

You mean the safety hook you release by hand when actually opening the bonnet?

You could "forget" about it but it ain't there for nothing, bit sad if you end up driving on the motorway with the bonnet slammed to you're front windshield.

Don't know you're invention but i guess the safety hook isn't the same as the original one?

nah, they are completely different systems lol. I don't plan on leaving the safety hook out of the system lol. I probably would end up wiring in a separate handle and attach it to the front grill so that it can be removed by hand if necessary.

To be honest at the moment, its a pie in the sky idea, I am just looking for feasibility and cost! to be honest though, until I have a fusion catch in my hand, I probably wont have a real idea!

Ah, a brand new world shocking idea ;).

Don't know if the catch of a Fusion is identical to a Fiesta MK6/6.5 one? They share a lot of stuff so i wouldn't be surprised. If so a trip to a local scrapyard would make a lot of things clearer for you i think. If i look at the scrapyard nearby where i usually go there are no Fusions but plenty of MK6/6.5 Fiesta's.

yeah its an idea!

well I just put a bid on a cheapo fusion catch from eBay, so far £6 all in or thereabouts. The cable can be bought from amazon for a fiver, I just need to fathom something out for the safety catch lol.

I might get it and find its almost impossible to do. If it isnt though, I will be getting it welded in and making this happen!

me too :p

This could be interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

just an idea have you had a look at a boot actuator because if its a similar size it can be released remotely and has a built in safety catch ? just an idea

For the safety release you'll probably have to fabricate a release lever that is either reachable from the grille, a pull lanyard made of paracord or via a screwdriver flick under the bonnet lip.

Sadly the sale fell through. I bought the lock, the guy posted it and his packaging was returned to him :( so I wont be getting the Fusion kit, however I called a local Ford Parts place who are going to see what they can do. I am giving them a call in the new year to see how things are progressing!