Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Limp Mode And Loud Hover Like Noise

mamalik

Right, ill get streight to point n give u brief background as to what happened.

I bought car from a private trader two days ago n at the time car drove ok so i bought it but nrxt day when on way to wrk on motoryway disvovered all issues. I would appretiate that we discuss the topic n not bk ground ss i no what to do and how to deal with the person.

Car when when in high speed posible above 70 the red cog with exclamation mark light comes on. This does not happen at high speeds wjen on down hill. The car was ex police car with fsh and police stam. The car jas had turbo changed n regular service done afer every 10000 miles i am not sure whats wrong and any goode would help. Has had service n new torbo recently. The light disappears when restart car

Until few hours ago cat was finr but now i also hear hover kind noise from front seems like pressure loss. Now car in const limp mode with no warning

Any advice would help

Regards

That's a power train light u will need diagnostic check it be pointless trying to guess so many possibilities if u get code u be able narrow it down

Hoover like sound is fairly certain to be a split intercooler hose.

Yes for pressure loss i can imagine hose but no warning n no power is worrying me. Or is it maybe that due to hose split its going slow n not getting to high speed for warning to come up as before. How can i check this hose is it something simple can i change it myself as its sun n i doubt anyone will be open.

If u go out to ur car an get a friend to give it few revs an u feel turbo hoses see do they all expand over 2500rpm

Have a look at my signature for "replacing a cracked intercooler pipe" that shows you where there is a risk of a crack on the intercooler pipe, also you can see the hoses that will help.

Right update on this guys,

I think this guy has just sold me a pile of crap.

I took the car to kwik fit on Sunday and said to the guy that I have got noise comming from my car can you have a look, the guy said its the noise comming from fly wheel, I was a little surprised on that, he said look your better of taking the car back to the guy you bought it from and get him to sort it out, I took the car back of the guy and was going home thinking I'll drop it off in a proper garage on Monday and get it fully checked

Then I thought lets get another opinion so I went to another kwik fit garage, this time I did not tell him again about past and said there is noise can you please have a look, the guy said seems like your turbo is not working

Anyway checked all the hoses etc and they were all ok, no split noting.

The car is going into the garage today to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Just goes to show how people diagnose the issue, without any checks etc. You should be able to diagnose it spot on if your a good mechanic just like a doctor or engineer...

I think there could be alot of issue with this vehicle. I was thinking of getting a OBD diag reader seen few on eBay and was wonder which is the best one to get which will come handy with other vehicles..

The mistake you have made is assuming that a Kwik-Fit mechanic knows his big end from his wishbone.

See a real mechanic and not a Kwik-Flit fitter.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Private sales have no comeback. The guy you bought from will say "sold as seen" and thats it.

See what the proper grease monkeys say, as the KF ones known just about how to change a tyre and thats the most they tend to know.

Oh I am afraid no so,

If you read the trading standards then there is nothing "Sold as Seen" any more, and if the guy is a trader than he should know about if the car is fit for the purpose or not.

This was the advise I got from Trading Standard and Police.

The guy also gave me an address which I dont think is his trading address. After spending all day on web this morning I managed to find his home address so I have even more excited now. Just need to send him a letter to sort the problems with the car or I am going to court.

First I thought court might turn around and say you will have to do the dog work of finding his address before we can issue proceedings but I have already done that and I think im in business now.

I'll just go hire a car and dump the bill on the guy as, according to trading standards and police he is liable, also if he turns around and says I dont have the money then he has aleast about 5 cars parked waiting to be sold, I'll just get one of them plus the hassle he has caused me from day one.

Other good thing is that I reported this to trading standards with in 24 hours of purchase.

I just hope someone else can benefit from this as people are not aware of their rights.

THERE IS NOTHING "SOLD AS SEEN" If you buy from trader, If its from Private / Trader then additional Legal term is "FIT FOR THE PURPOSE", which in this case it clearly is not.

Sold as seen is only possible on private sales. If I sell my car to you for cash in hand and with no business associated, then it can be sold as seen. There has never been such a thing as "sold as seen" for traders, that much I agree, however I have never seen anything to say that a private one man selling to another is no longer able to sell sold as seen.

Good result but pity you are car less.

How did you get the seller to take the car back? Quick knee to the nadgers possibly?

Any other cars taking your fancy right now?

Yes your right car less for now but at least money not wasted.

Its quite a long story. Here is what happened.

I saw the car on auto trader and went to see the car. The car lookd nice and the guy drove it for me. (I think the guy knew there was an issue with car)

On first drive the car was fine (Only drove around 30mph). Got car of guy from a location which seemed like a warehouse and the receipt did not have his trader's address on it.

I got the car and drove back home (again drove at 30mph and was fine)

Next morning took car to work and was fine for like 20 min of driving at around 60mph

All of a sudden red cog with exclamation came on. Then I guess turbo went on it.

Got to work and texted the guy saying problem with vehicle. The guy never replied, nor texted back etc. Did not answer my phone calls. This was with in 12 hours of sale.

Rang trading standards and reported it to them.

Then it was weekend so tried to contact guy again but to no avail. Took car to garage and the guy said tubo not working

No gurantee when turbo fixed that it will not go again. Then I got worried.

Got to work on Monday and spent like whole day tracing the guy and trying to find his real name/address.

Finally succeeded in finding someone and then paid 3 quid to get land registery document to confirm his home address.

Got my brother who is a solicitor to visit him on monday at around 8pm.

The guy said bring the car back and i'll have a look at it.

Went to the guy in the morning and guess what he had a full batallion with him. Last 3 owners of the vehicle were all present. I was with 3 other lads as I could see this getting worst.

Then I said to the guy look either give me the money back or lets go to court or lets fix the issue and you pay for it. The guy spoke to the the guy who he bought it off and then following the chain and said streight away, i'll refund the money if you want.

I said yes at once.

Took the money and went home

Job done.

Not bad at all, just a query though I was unclear on... You said he had a battalion of the last three owners? i.e. you all turned up pn the same day to bite him?

I didn't understand what you meant but when I turned up with the vehicle there were around good 8 to 9 lads there and I wasnt exactly going to go there by myself.

Anyway it all got sorted out peacefully which was good. Plus he also got a full tank of fuel with the car..Anyway I still ended up losing around 100 Quid which I was happy to accept so all done in good way.

Aaaah so you took a few friends! I misread it, I thought you meant that other owners (other cars) had turned up (as if he was a cowboy)

Loss of £100 or a good few thousand, I know which is the winner.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club