Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk3 1.6 Tdci Low Revs Weakness

henrydiez

Hello! I am a new member but I have had diesel ford foci for the last 10 years, from the mk1. I have recently bought a mk3 with the 1.6 tdci 94 bhp. The problem is that this engine is extremely weak at low revs. It may have gained 5 bhp at the higher end of the rev counter, but in daily use it is dismal. Previously I had the 89 bhp mk2.5 and it was a vastly better engine. I have already clocked 10000 miles on the new one and still no improvement whatsoever. I always have liked to ride diesels on low revs, saving fuel and enjoying its pulling power, never interested in speed. This car is a pain to use for the lack of power below 2000 rpm. Before buying I had read about this problem but naturally the seller assured me that it was not so and it had 6 gears to compensate. So, now that I am stuck with this car for a while, anyone knows if there is any official remap or unofficial tuning box that manages to help a bit here? This topic has to be known to Ford. Yet they keep selling this rubbish. Thanks in advance for any suggestion/help.

Hello! I am a new member but I have had diesel ford foci for the last 10 years, from the mk1. I have recently bought a mk3 with the 1.6 tdci 94 bhp. The problem is that this engine is extremely weak at low revs. It may have gained 5 bhp at the higher end of the rev counter, but in daily use it is dismal. Previously I had the 89 bhp mk2.5 and it was a vastly better engine. I have already clocked 10000 miles on the new one and still no improvement whatsoever. I always have liked to ride diesels on low revs, saving fuel and enjoying its pulling power, never interested in speed. This car is a pain to use for the lack of power below 2000 rpm. Before buying I had read about this problem but naturally the seller assured me that it was not so and it had 6 gears to compensate. So, now that I am stuck with this car for a while, anyone knows if there is any official remap or unofficial tuning box that manages to help a bit here? This topic has to be known to Ford. Yet they keep selling this rubbish. Thanks in advance for any suggestion/help.

Thats "the way they are" the low-down torque is restricted to protect the DMF/ transmission and for emmisions etc

A quality tuning box would give you the most bottom end power but a remap (eg Bluefin) would also increase the bottom end a bit too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club